Kaparo's commission needs a rethink of its strategy..

That is one fact that I am proud of but we cannot claim the victory of our forefather’s as our own anymore.
They fought for the whole country not just for us and furthermore we had rebels from different tribes too fighting this war in their regions.
There is also a face of the mau mau that most people do not know or do not want to talk about. They were feared by both agikùyus and the whites.

2 Likes

I have a totally different opinion. There’s no expiry date for celebrating their patriotism, heroic efforts and personal sacrifice.

The tragedy here is, the ordinary and sometimes semi-illiterate kikuyu (including yourself) has a skewed and polluted knowledge of that ‘patriotism, heroic efforts, and personal sacrifice’.

Mcoondu and @Eng’iti too

Mc… wacha tu. :D:D:D

Wewe ni mpoa, as in your thinking… but your sentiments ziko na ile skewed okuyusm kidogo yenye nashinda nikiropokwa hapa.

Only 2 fought the white man Nandi and Kikuyu and when I say Kikuyu I mean the Mt. Kenya region collectively. Name the others.

Hii mambo ya ati tribe moja ndo ilipigania Kenya, hadi unajiuliza kwani we ndo hujui size ya kenya ama?
Vitu ka hizi ndo zinafuel upuzi ya cessation, as in mtu abaki na ile Kenya alipigania…ama wacha tu.
Tuendelee na mjadala :smiling_face::smiling_face::smiling_face:

usipongeza wale watu wakisii hapo hakuna kitu mnasema

Just say they played a major role in the fight for independence but we cannot ignore other communities participation too. Even the Asians played a role in our quest for independence.

1 Like