Kasarani Residents

What does that mean?

What does 60% mean? What is FA?

Total plot area assumed at 450 sqm, you wouldn’t build on it’s entirety. Hence the Floor Area. As from the projects we’ve done, it ranges from 50-80% of the plot area.

This could go to 40m in addition to the value of the land.

Ah ok gotit. Living area. Is it possible to stabilize the building ( foundation and floors) using beams and pillars, etc?

How many units?

your prices are exaggerated brotha, a decent unit you should spend circa 600K.

Mwiki sio kayole kuliko kasarani?

Depends on soil structure and figuring out what exactly went wrong with the first build. Some of these buildings are best demolished and start afresh. There’s a building I see near CBD where the contractor is trying to introduce steel beams on the facade to support it. I am patiently waiting to see how that ends up.

Bed sitters/studios @ 25sqm, 1 Bedroom @40sqm with verandas. (+5sqm if you are feeling generous) So mix and match for the entire floor area you are building considering your corridors. Approx 4 studios and 4 one bedrooms per floor.

Kuna jamaa yake ilikunyua maji 2013. By Dec.2014 alijenga same plot same design.
Anyway Kenyans have issues ,in construction industry, they want short cuts !

What size of unit? 1 bed? Studio?

Quality is relative. Send me a BoQ ato support your figure. I’ve really been trying to get this cost sub 20k per square metre…

Achana nao, the ones you are talking about have good structural integrity ~ not meant for evacuation.

I believe price reduces significantly when you know where to sources quality materials at a good price, be on the site yourself to supervise and have at least one reliable consultant.

I lived somewhere opposite this apt .long long time ago. Some of those apartments were erected very fast

In my lifetime I have seen a house that was previously single rooms go five floors up. Ati oh they added reinforcement beams in the middle and sides, it is as strong as any other that was started from the foundation.

present participle

That’s the cost thanks for clarifying … Am just amazed by ignorance here that the cost is somehow affected by a place(which is significantly so small to calculate it overroll) or a region, anyway I have investments in and around kasarani, mwiki,Thika rd and the likes. And through experience the cost plays within that range.

Kumbe guka is just another peasant with NO idea of the cost of building.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

That 1/2 total cost of the complete building

18m CAN do such a house. It depends with the finishing chosen.