KCSE Results (official thread)

yes its still there for students who had started earlier. That’s why am giving it 5 years for it to die.

It is on the death bed,one of the reason why universities are having a hard time managing their operations budget.There was this Thika entreprenuer who had invested so much in Universities (Mt Kenya)…I rarely hear him nowadays,neither do i hear nor see the many adverts from the instution that used to fill our airwaves back in the days

my daughter has scored a B+ and she is very sad she wanted to do medicine na naskia ati medicine ni za As pekee wadau ebu mnichanue kutaendaje coz mimi ndio ule msee

That Thika entrepreneur amefungua hoteli this month huko Mombasa. He could be diversifying. But I have also noticed that their ads have reduced and coincidentally, an increase in the ads for Thika Institute of Technology (they don’t offer degrees).

Zi sio A pekee, cluster ndio itaamua. A niece with a B missed out on medicine by one point in the cluster. B+ ni fwain awache kulia she can do biomed ama aende engineering (asichukue clinical med degree ya clinical that is not yet recognized and hospitals still prefer diplomas from KMTC).

If she was not able to score an A or A-, hangetoboa medicine, you’d have spent hundreds of thousands of shillings on a parallel program only for her to drop out. Medicine si mchezo, you need to consistently perform well. She can do nursing or another related course which as far as @Purple says is very marketable abroad.

For those who transfer to units of their choice after the switch window is over or those who want degree courses that they were not admitted to; a very small number.

A B, hiyo ni uni gani alikuwa ame apply?

HELB is or should or will be offered to students who meet the kucccps requirement and opt for private units, but you have to top up, at least that’s what Matiang’i planned. Private units will have to reduce their fees.

The entry level for university is C+ which 97,000 students have met. Meaning the other 600,000 students cannot join universities directly because they do not meet the entry marks. That’s why am saying private universities will face huge problems in getting students.

After results are announced kuccps opens applications to unis with with the cluster requirements, that is how she knew she doesn’t meet the requirement. Of course the A’s are prioritized but to fill up the classes they have to go lower but focus on cluster. KU, UoN, Moi offer medicine, to compete for the A’s (350) with other course means chances of not filling a class are high given also the attrition rate.

Correct sir.

Soon you will hear someone come up with ideas of bridging those below C+.

I cannot discount that.

this really gives me hope coz we all want her to do what she wants

thanks @Koolibah This kidogo gives us hopes

They’re mopping up those who got C+ prior years before Matiang’i plus those who clear diploma… Fee charges ni bei ya jioni

Fellow villagers, allow me to ask a dumb question; how exactly are private universities on their deathbed? I do not understand and this is why.
First, public universities can only absorb 70,000 students and with 90,000 having direct entry qualification, it means private universities have a chunk to take on.
Secondly, despite 510,000 not attaining minimum degree qualification, does it not mean they have diploma and certificate programs to take?
Finally, an increase of 20,000 for the degree entry qualification is a huge number and would go on to increase year on year. Supposedly, if the trend stays on course, private universities will actually have the numbers opposed to what is preached on here.

You have a point there plus nowadays even private universities get a big share of government sponsored students

How things change…Moi Kabarak used to benchmark at my former school year after year, and now they’re beating us.

Admission into medicine depends on general performance of that year i.e number of A’s, A-'s etc. I know few who have made it with Bs. It will take a lot of students to fill all the med classes in public universities, your daughter shouldn’t give up yet. Hopefully, they will reach B+'s. I don’t know about other universities but for UON kuingia na connections ama bribe into medicine is practically impossible. MPs and ministers have tried. There is a body, senate* (or something by that name) that oversees UON’s school of medicine. Hao ndio kusema.