Kenya airways direct flight to NY

Not if the price remains as ridiculously high as it was.

If KQ is serious, it needs to top the return ticket at $1000 regardless of season. Fill the aircraft, cover those overheads and undercut the longer routes. Otherwise even the reduced flights will not be viable.

It was all a marketing gimmick, the original plan was 3 flights per week

Let’s we all rejoice! We predicted and it came to pass!

Hata father of theirs aliwakilisha.

Ngombe mathayo si upandilie ndege angalau mara mwenga uwache kusumbua

There’s a low movement of passengers around this time, that’s true.
Daily flights was too ambitious for a start, two weekly flights would have been enough.
I think the move was to get permission for daily flights then cut down to few flights kinda to have room for growth without having to apply for a daily flight permit later.
Anyways my opinion is for KQ to focus on the african market that they already had and those daily flights to mzungu land will materialize.
With Ethiopian in play, don’t know if it’s gonna be easy.

So niende tu JKIA ama Wilson nipandilie ndege mpaka kwa roof alafu nishuke?

KQ could offer one flight per month but it would be tough to fill. Tutasema mara ngapi that a departure time of 12 noon from JFK, is not feasible for most people living outside of NY, NJ? They should move the flight time to late evening.

Before we even talk about the cost factor!

Ghasia

Just last week was doing a price comparison. Delta to Europe and KQ back to New York. That ticket was $2,200.00.

Meanwhile BA has the flight from JFK to Heathrow, 3 hours layover then to NBO. Same route on the return. The cost of that ticket $1,600.00.

He he he, what a joke! I just hope they won’t cancel my flight in mid-December (fingers crossed).

With that $2200, one hasn’t factored in the cost of getting to NY, for those out of towners.

That KQ route is done for, let’s put a fork in it.

@Okiya only show does Ethiopian airlines do it? And how many flights to the states? I have never used them.

Meanwhile Burundi is bitching about not having business class category on flights from Bujumbura to Nairobi. Si hizo flight wamedrop from NYC waredirect to the BJM - NBO route?
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/burundi-cancels-flight-kenya-jambojet-nairobi-business-class-route-bombardier-q400-a8631531.html

@Gerald Achieng Achieng is correct. Most international travel happens in the summer time. Winter travel is within the US to visit family/friends for Thanksgiving and Kirismas.

Panda bus ya $25 to NY, lol.

They fly to Chicago, Los Angeles, NY and Washington. Ethiopian is supported very much by their government that’s why they are where they are.
Plus any number coming from Ethiopia about their economic growth, mega profits etc has to be taken with a pinch of salt.