Kenya has fewer trees than Somalia. Prof Maathai is rolling in her grave :(

stop the greed

Somaliaā€™s total land area is bigger than Kenyaā€™s

1 Like

Its unbelivable that the Mau forest issue was used as a campaign tool against the former PM. Sycophancy is a very bad diseaseā€¦Its up there with stupidity jostling for no.1 spot.

1 Like

Not just Mau. Has anyone seen the mess weā€™ve done in Mt. Elgon forest? Na pia Mt. Kenya? Using the Meru-Nanyuki (old road) recently I was shocked to see parcels carved out and planted with maize huko juu milimani.

DR Congo is one huge ass country.

If you liked at that link I put

Wewe nilikuambia wewe ni moderator mavi. Deorro sounds like Diarrhoea so itā€™s understandable why you are this way

Yap. Iā€™ve often heard it said that its bigger than Western Europe (which I surmise consists of the 15 original member states of the E.U). Goma, a town in Eastern DRC is said to be closer to Nairobi than it is to Kinshasa.

I wish people in this blog would read a little further and wider and not rely on Daily Nation to expand their knowledge of English.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/roll+in+grave Rolling in the grave and turning in the grave are one and the same thing as can be proven in the link provided above. And anybody who doesnā€™t get that rolling/turning on the grave is a figure of speech must be as stupid as Deorro/mod mavi.
My final point. The data that I provided was for the years 2010 -2012 because this is the latest study. I donā€™t see how this is connected to the current regime.

Do you have to use the word mavi or stupid? There are more intelligent ways to throw jabs. You are running your chances

1 Like

Haha are you mavi moderator threatening me? Iā€™ll call you mavi until I get banned so the sooner you do it the better for you. Your name actually sounds like diarrhoea you mavi

Watched the series last month wild Congo on Nat geo, itā€™s such a vast country and beautiful. Especially the Atlantic coast and the mighty Congo. Tafta Hio.

1 Like

Itā€™s sad how the Congolese people suffer. Congolese people should be the richest people in Africa based on what their country has.

1 Like

Leaving your posts here does greater damage to you n none to me. Plus i donā€™t catch feelings

Good Mr Mharo. We have an understanding

Itā€™s a fascinating country. Yeah Iā€™ve just looked at a map of africa and Kinshasa is at the other end of the country, closer to the Atlantic ocean.
http://www5.milwaukee.k12.wi.us/school/fernwood/files/2015/03/africa.jpg
I wonder how such a huge country can be managed by a centralised form of government. It makes sense for it to be a federal republic. Itā€™s also a little surprising how tiny Rwanda influences events in DR Congo when itā€™s barely noticeable on a map.

True. Ultimately the DRC will probably have to embrace federalism or even radically, a confederation, for it to make sense. A unitary govā€™t in such an expansive place may not necessarily be the best.

Incidentally, the appearance of that map can be very misleading. If you get some time, go to wazua.co.ke and search for a thread called ā€˜North is not upā€™ and go through it. Very interesting stuff. :slight_smile:

1 Like

you should know that the 20 or less acreage owners are the ones that feed kenya

you should know that the 20 or less acreage owners are the ones that feed kenya

kwani ndauwo uliamkia naisho leoā€¦this is uncharacteristic of youā€¦

unakuwaga nani kwa hiyo site nyingine?