KENYA IMPORTS MORE THAN EXPORT BAD FOR THE ECONOMY

Plus they manufacture in China anyway. Word is bootleg Jordan’s are made by the same hands that make the legit one. Then price is super marked up.

I think there’s the analogy of a house. There’s different ways to value it. You might have a place in hurlingham you paid 25 mill for. The sticker price in a way. You might not mind because all the houses there are that price. So resale is possible. Then there’s how much revenue you can make from it in rent. Maybe your value is based on that. Maybe some guy will say but for the same costs I can get something much better in ngong. If I build myself. Enough people do this / find another alternative or default on the mortgage and home values drop to where their real relative value is.

With imports there are many middle men. But they have scale to cut costs and quality and sometimes frankly it’s cheaper to hire someone to wash your clothes/ clean your house/ fix your shoes than do the above yourself if you have money to go make that will more than make up for you having that time to do so.

If we devote time on high value exports or presenting alternatives to inflated imports we may be good.

1 Like

Exactly how am i dumb?

Can we make tooth picks? Yes or no

2 Likes

8$ to produce i need to see that.

Am not trying to be rude but if you know all this then i can regard you smart but what have you done to out do this crises. The one thing most people dont know is kenya is filled with the smartest people on earth thats why you get news like two kenyans are in court in washington DC over fraud that has been on for the past 15years then you wander how smart are they that they hide for that long or commited that crime for that long. Let me here your views whats keeping such a smart brain from not becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg?

Do me a favor google alibaba.com and look at all the staff they are selling to various countries and tell me if a person in kenya with a large scale industry cannot produce them and sell on ebay or even on alibaba? from clothes to agriculture,kid toys,jewelery,packaging boxes,luggages,bags and cases,furnitureschemicals and to spice it up make it to world standard and while marketing if its to us people make exactly the way they like it with lots of american flags.

this guy is actually right to some extend but with coal thats whats driving the super powers

What they do?
http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/mjgrin.png

I was in dc

@Taylor to answer your question I’m lazy and learnt the wrong things. But Now got a taste of money so I need to educate myself and work more

its not a new story it was i think last year

I wonder who they were. I was there for a while

America is experiencing the worse economy growth due to the statement you made i quote “frankly it’s cheaper to hire someone to wash your clothes/ clean your house/ fix your shoes than do the above yourself if you have money to go make that” over reliance on cheap products has resulted to many companies making the same products to close while others move to china in order to compete fairly this only resulted to many state having less or no manufacturing companies rather distribution ie amazon,apple warehouse and stores, many states are simply service producers most of the local employeed in the cheapest (places to eat)Macdonald(fastfood) telcommunication industries(like safaricom) walmart store(like nakumatts),warehouses to move goods, plumbing, (really expensive cn cost u 15000$) mechanics other shopping stores and last government jobs, water treatment,hospitals,electricity departments,police,army,sales ppl

That’s an opportunity for Kenya right?

Plug in
Profit

Its only profit if you make products that those companies closed down for and give huge competition to china india malasia and the rest

What advantages do they have over us if you mind me asking? I think every company unilaterally makes their own decisions and they are not all going to the same space.

I think our minds…just like india and Malaysia are an asset to get into more technicological fields. Combined with labor costs. What one would feel is reasonable.

Already based off labor costs… Individual states companies have to outsource on some things. They’re more technological savvy though. But we have a brand new canvas

They already have the companies and doing large scale of the products, china is well equipped with the alibaba site thats worldwide renown…rewriting what someone else commented how india guys are doing american customer services an already established venture. I consider this a tough on bt we need to up our game china opened every developing country it being one that they may have led but not for long. China now has its own space station after being banned by the US space station and having a law that prevent Nasa(not the one of Odinga) from working with china and now they made their own passanger aircraft this year. And its predicted that china will lead as the largest economy in the next year but apparently china is helping the US to still retain that seat.

1 Like

what do you think about exporting kiondo bags …sme pple are already doing it,but the market out there is huge.Especially when woven to fit a nice hippie handbag ,which is kinda stylish

Am with @Scott Gardener on this. We need to first of all change our mentality. The fact that we even import ballot papers and campaign materials leaves alot to be desired. On a lighter note, hapo kwa imports @Meria Mata amechangia sana.

2 Likes

You do realize that you just called yourself that… I said a huge chunk and you put yourself in there

power is expensive in Kenya
akina Cadbury walifunga factories zao juu ya power