Kenya Losing Prime Agricultural Land To Subdivisions ~ Plot Maguta Maguta!

The Big 4 agenda for instance under food and nutrition security pillar should have made policies to protect the agricultural land in from encroachment of real estate developments,. Eden ville, thindigua, runda, ruaka are all sitting on prime agricultural fertile lands but most developments going on there are real estate and not agricultural.

I was wondering nikanyamaza tuu…

Not in Eastern Nairobi it isn’t. It may not be legal but Nairobi has been appro
ving such for decades.An example being Zimmerman, Pipeline and Kware

Punguza bhangi dadii…what are you talking about? Is Karen in ‘eastern Nairobi’?

Did you read the thread???
Our market should be like what Karen has. A large minimum acreage and also a commitment to maintaining things like greenery. A Take it or Leave it market, not one subjected to demand.
If you apply this in a place like Eastern Nairobi, it would mean the place would be very green and very spacious, but in order to maximize returns, one would have to build like 30 floors like in Singapore. So the population density would be high but you would not be aware of it as there would be no ground congestion as it is the airspace that would be maximised, not the ground. Many Chinese cities are the same.(excluding Hong Kong which really is congested)

THIS IS WHY WHEN I CALL YOU BRAIN-DEAD BABOONS YOU SHOULD NEVER EVER COMPLAIN.

YOU, @GERALD9949 MADE THE ALLEGATION THAT IN KAREN SUB-DIVISION IS RESTRICTED TO 10 ACRES. @1776 correctly pointed out that this is actually half-an-acre.

Incredibly, you made another post citing Zimmerman and other areas of ‘eastern Nairobi’ as if that is what you were talking about in the first place, nikakwambia uwache bhangi.

BUT SOMEHOW YOUR SINGLE-DIGIT IQ CAN’T ALLOW YOU TO SEE THAT YOU ARE MIXING ISSUES! You condescendingly ask whether I have read the post. Jesus Christ!

AMAZING, JUST AMAZING!

In my village people have run out of land.
Starting from Next generation sjui wataishi wapi

I’m talking about Karen specifically which you had mentioned in your post. Hizi zingine even 40*60 is possible… (or is it 80…)

You are referring to Karen around Crossroads, Langata Road and parts of Kerrarapon.
Go try and buy half an acre in Bernhard and the area north of the Barracks and Northern Oleloua forest and come back with the feedback.
That is why I said PARTS of Karen. The places where people got half an acre are the Africanizing parts of Karen. The areas still predominantly European have kind of formed associations to maintain the ambience of those places.

In today’s paper for example… [ATTACH=full]243412[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]243413[/ATTACH]

You are referring to Karen around Crossroads, Langata Road and Kerrarapon as well as a small part of Ngong Road.
Try that in Bernhard, the northern part of the Barracks and near Oleolua forest on the Karen side and see.
The Karen with half an acre is where Africans got large chunks and subdivided.(I know many who did this and I wish that nonsense had never hapenned.Just look at the mess that is Crossroads today)
The European parts are still very much 10 acre and they have banded together to keep it as such so when you ask for any land there it is 10 acres and joining the association there that requires you to keep it at 10 acres.

It’s available for sale but not subdivision. Someone buys the 100 acres as a whole and establishes an agricultural going concern approved for the area, as opposed to subdividing to small chunks for speculation.

We should have done this around Nairobi.Like the land owned by Uhuru north of Sukari should remain agricultural. There should be an entire forest demarcating Nairobi from Ngong and Ongata Rongai and the area south of JKIA should have never had an estate there at all!!We should have made that into a wildlife reserve. After all, the only animal corridor into the Kaputei Plains is in Malili and in the past it was also where Syokimau is, making it possible for animals to roam from Kakuzi Hills in Muranga and Kiambu all the way to Amboseli.
London has Green Zones where no development is allowed and I believe many American cities have the same.

Dear Lord.
Do you know how large Karen is??
Or you think Karen is only the area around Crossroads???
Clearly, you have no White friends.Like at all!!
Can you read the reply I have given @1776 .
The person with the intelligence of a crossbreed between a Giant Sloth and a Sponge from the Pleistocene era here is you my friend and please.Do not bother me again. I am into the habit of blocking people who are wasting my brain cells

:D:D Ati? Wewe na hizi guesswork zako wewe huita facts!

muktadha

Google is basically free yet you continue to expose ignorance hapa

Toa ujinga kwa comment zangu

its their land…they can do as they wish

No country in the world allows this kind of crap.