Kenya needs to reconsider the 8 years car importation law and KRA taxes

Tunajua KRA wamezidi na taxation, lakini desist from spreading lies. How can he pay more than 100% of the CIF?

I am surprised some people here think this government does anything consciously and with the intention of developing our country. I am convinced even these many road projects that this government has undertaken were done for the kickbacks. Other African countries apart from Nigeria have some form of self-respect, but Kenya the stealing has gone out of control, led by Uhuru Kenyatta and his family, followed by Ruto.

SAA hii Niko ushago na hii magari watu wanasema imekuwa mingi sioni. Hata traffic cops wameboeka.

Association of cars importers walienda kortini they challenged the government to release report on vehicle older than 5 yrs emitting too much carbon monoxide ,wakashunda since there was no such reports.
Ntsa houses the vehicle inspection body , should ensure every vehicle each year goes for inspection and should set parameters on road worthiness based on emissions and current rules they have.

Mobius 2 is around Kes 1.5 million, in developed countries manufacturing cars its the opposite you can only import vehicles of over 20 years subject to many regulations,old cars are penalized heavily-co2 emissions etc so using common sense you will buy a newer vehicle within the country at a cheaper price. The Kenyan thing is to avoid junk entering the country and to benefit some car franchise sellers e.g.Isuzu etc, If you go to Tanzania you will see a lot of old junk cars that you would not touch being sold, and many old cars on the roads as compared to Kenya

Huku hata sidhani the local police station has a traffic department, the traffic of 200 vehicle per day doesn’t warrant a department. The only thing ni motorcycle accident hapa kule.

Agriculture machinery best age bracket should be max 8-10 years. Hapa Canada Naona waafrika wanaenda yard kununua agriculture machinery mzungu alitupa kitambo alafu wanazituma home and after 2 years kufika vumbikistan they are scrap.we should be talking more about tax an incentives ndio watu wanunue vitu mpya and effective

Agriculture machinery have no age limit pia road construction machinery.

Its a catch 22 situation. The goverment knows there are no enough roads. Allowing more cars may just cripple the country. On the other hand they alos want fuel taxes.

If the aim was to limit cars on the road that has failed miserably. The only way to limit cars on the road is to provide cheaper organized and predictable alternatives

The government planned to reduce to 5 years the maximum age of used cars imported into 254.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IaNomi8_qw

True, the best practice the world over is to invest in mass transit systems (BRT, trams and trains) and walking/ cycling infrastructure.

Everything has a limit and technology is changing every year and there are effective machines for farming with less upkeep. Sio kila kitu ku dump in Africa.

Setting a limit to agricultural machinery is like shooting oneself in the foot. Already farmers in developed countries are complaining about having to pay manufacturers for the software in their modern tractors to unlock full functionality. They are now turning to the black market for cracks, like people used to do back in the day for a free Microsoft Windows copy.

Hio complexity yote afadhali kenyan farmer aendelee na fully mechanical machinery yenye wamezoea

Could you state examples of those equipment you are referring too?

Because of CRSP

With 1.6m you get a brand new 2021 German machine.

https://www2.dtdobie.co.ke/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Polo-Vivo.jpg

When I went to Moshi I saw a lot of cars that are old but in a very good condition. There was a Toyota 110 with a manual tranny that I used as a cab that really made me want to have such a car as my weekend car.

John Deere fucks farmers every year. No Tom, Dick and Harry can service their products hence farmers are resorting to hacking their machines.