Kenya vs USA real estate

It’s easy but very expensive.
In Kenya it’s hard but way cheaper.

The way you are comparing the cost of borrowing money(interest rates) of two currencies each with different purchasing power (value) is confusing/ misleading

True. If you read what I had written earlier, I talked about buying land, not apartments.

Says who?

Buying land for what agricultural , commercial or what your buying land statement is to general what he is trying to tell you is that even some of the most prime lands in .ke are giving very poor returns because of low purchasing power of the citizens , average independent adults age has risen from around 20 years in the 80s to around 25and above today unapata mtu ako 25 still living na paros because hawezi lipa rent because of limited job and business opportunities unlike in the USA where mtu anaweza survive hata akiwa 19 on state welfare that has a bearing on real estate

Eeerm. In 2015, Robson Githae told Diasporans EXACTLY that and the US was quick to point out, how exactly would an American bank valuate a Kenyan investment??
Most Banks will only loan to companies, with a long established and healthy balance sheet to invest outside but not individuals. There is not an issue of savings, but loans…No.
I do know there are loopholes with credit unions, but not banks.

This is increasingly applying to land too.
Nobody wants to buy ‘prime’ land apart from multinationals in areas close to the CBD because the ROI is quite low. In lower Westlands road, many plots lie idle because of Avic alone. You cannot build an apartment there if you buy the land as it will be overshadowed(as the KNH pension luxury apartments already are) nor can you buy the land to build a commercial building. Just above it, Cytonn has a half acre plot it has been trying to sell for a full year.
No buyers, though I wonder why as it is a bit distant from Avic.

Imo, apart from money laundering, the single biggest cause of the astronomical prices of “prime” real estate is the concentration of “prime” jobs in Nairobi. All the best govenment, NGO, private sector jobs are around Nairobi. This coupled with the backward tribalism in the areas surrounding Nairobi that seeks to prevent non-locals from owning land only serve to drive up land prices. Mombasa had potential but is only attactive as a tourist destination.
In places like the US, UK, Germany even SA, there are so many urban centres with good social amenities with well-paying jobs and hence reasonable land prices.