Kenyan artists are just dumb. Case in point jaruo khaligraph

Ex-MI6. Hii haiwezekani. Doxxing. You have been listening to my jams and club bangers since the early 90s bila kujua ni mimi.

Omollo had the potential to take over Africa and become one of the biggest rap names. After hapo ajaribu kujiskuma na kina Chris Brown. But no, sidhani kama anajua kitu inaitwa ambition and vision. As long as amefikisha certain level of stardom. then comfort kicks and I dont think there is anything as detrimental as the comfort zone to a man. Niliona aklikulana na strippers was X millionaires

Hio ni rock mzee, a different genre. They are supposed to be ambiguous like that. This is hiphop. An artist with no creative control of what happens in their videos is a bonobo. Artistry matters.

Art is art. If I find someones music video boring, I just admit that I have either not grasped their concept, or they have not expressed it for my level of intellect. Trust me if you contact the artist or scriptwriter they will give an explanation that makes sense. Kama hii wimbo hapa, that video took me some time back then:

Wewe hakuna kitu unajua about music industry. Most af those artists in west Africa wako kwa management (record label) na management ndo Ina decide if a feature with an artist ita leta hype uko. You can’t expect Davido to feature someone like let’s say Mejja na iyo Ngoma ikuwe trending uko vile ita trend uku. Music is business.
2. Big name artist booking fee zao ni kubwa or even a feature with them. Diamond once said that he almost went broke Akitafuta feature na Davido for his song with Davido ‘number one remix’ coz hao Nigerians are way expensive na uta pata ata Jones took a loan for that feature with sarkodie
3. You talking about dissing Nigerians! Jones only dissed one artist by the name black bonez na ilkua by the help of chocolate city record label (it was all publicity stunt or clout) just to see if Jones anaeza penetrate Nigerian market but ilikataa.

Wewe inskaa hujawai ends show yoyote ya any music artist nor buy or stream any song legally. Na ka ni kusema music in Kenya ni trash, there’s a lot of vernacular artist who sing in the language you understand, how money do you support in terms of buying, streaming, subscription or even attend their shows? Spotify iko na over million music from different genres, si lazima uskize tu wasanii wenye Wana trend. Expand your music catalog ujue Kuna a lot of quality music

Wewe unajua a feature with someone like Chris brown Ina cost ngapi? Before mtype, fanyeni research kidogo man. (pissed). Ata apa chini diamond unajua anaitisha pesa ngapi ndo adandie Ngoma na msanii any. Akothee ndo msanii ashawai fika bei yake uku

I do know very well how much such artists charge for a collabo. Upwards of $150k. If Khaligraph had positioned himself properly in the early days and took over Africa, he could generate enough clout and $ to position himself for a collabo. Rap isn’t that very competitive and he is a good rapper no doubt. Look, mtu kama Rema hasn’t been out for more than 5 years but he managed to strike a collabo with Selena Gomez who is probably more expensive than akina Chris Brown. Now his case might be an outlier coz his song was very catchy but just how many pop artists collabos has Nigerians managed? That boy Nasty C isn’t top of the cream but niliona he managed to collabo with watu kama A$AP Ferg.

Do you know that Rema Is signed to mavin records owned by don jazzy. It works like this; the record label finances all of your projects & outsource foreign artists. But the catch is that once an artist has signed to a label, he is only entitled to part of royalties the songs make. So if the contract say he’s cut is 10%, ata Ngoma ilete pesa ngapi, ye Ile 10 ndo atapewa. Inshort I’m saying Rema & nasty c don’t use their money for collabos coz they are under management. Nasty c is signed to I think universal which is an American label

Well that shouldn’t be an excuse for Omollo, should it?

Again go check out nasty c vedios from way back before those Ferg feature. Mans was using iphone to record his songs coz he didn’t have money for a vedio director.

Ok tell me an independent artist who is doing much better than Jones uku Kenya. Or even an independent artist doing great outside kenya

What am simply trying to say is that Omollo had the potential but he shitted on it. If you look for an excuse there will always be one.

Before Diamond awe popular was he signed to any label?

You ought to know that Nairobi made diamond popular. Diamond used to have shows in Kenya like every week before he went mainstream. Those days when he featured Avril nyambura in one of his songs. Pesa za show ndo ujenga wasanii msee. Same way prezzo was pulling big crowds in TZ those days. A case of a hero never being celebrated in his home town. Sai ju Kuna streaming platforms, diamond is still the biggest artist in Kenya in terms of YT, monthly listeners on Spotify etc. Most of you talking about Kenyan songs being trash na ata ha subscribe, don’t attend shows, don’t buy or stream songs. No hate for that artist called lil maina but ye ndo like 4th artist most streamed on Spotify in Kenya after diamond, zuchu, sauti sol . Zuchu ata ako na views mob on YouTube than sauti sol. OG Ali blow tu the other day, diamond has been in the game for a minute since enzi za bongo flava. Most artist wa Kenya walkua big izo enzi wame retire sai ju hakuna mtu anataka kuwaskiza coz Kenyans like what’s trendy

So whats Khaligraph excuse? Iyo story ya Diamond nakubali, in fact, I think Kenya is solely responsible for Diamond’s success. Am sure 80% of his Youtube views generate from Kenya

Wy would anybody do this for anything they find trash?

Tanzanians don’t fuck with the queen’s language. You don’t expect OG aongee kizungu na tanzanians wabambike sai hombre surely.

There’s a lot of vernacular artist even in your local dialect. How many ushawai ends show zao or stream their songs? The fact is, if you don’t support don’t talk trash. The best you can do is ignore & stay quiet & continue listening to Rema, brown or selena

I do believe that Khaligraph’s most popular songs are the Swa ones. In fact, couple of years ago he was in Tanzania and he was one of the most anticipated by the crowd. He did not leverage that popularity properly.