Kenyan Mechanics

Actually they say Chinese but izo vitu hutumiwa kutengeneza Ieds some Somalia.

I thought Chinese recycle the catalytic metals in there?

Just slightly louder

Unfortunately, most roadside mechanics learn the trade through apprenticeship. kijana akipata mechanic nongwe wakumfunza atakua hivyo hivyo. they know no rule from the books of engineering. As long as watapata pesa na gari isonge ni hivyo.

1 Like

The catalytic metal? 17k?

Better sound, weight reduction, better fuel mileage, better high speed / RPM output. Btw what’s the model of the car?

Jesus!! I thought that was the catalytic converter, meant to reduce emissions, and that the engine is programmed to operate with that in place. So will the mech reprogramme the ecu??

No izo vitu umeshika Kwa mkono. Zangu zilikua mob juu ni Toyota Hiace.
Had to remove them juu gari ilikua na freno (sp) ikablock soo check engine light was on and low engine power.

1 Like

Kwako kutoa ilikuwa ni sawa. After that wanakuwekea emulator.

Some Say Ieds or fake diamond. Nit ziko na demand sana. The guy has connections all over the country. Juzi niliskia zinatolewa muffler Kwa showroom na bazaars mombasa.

That could be the crankshaft sensor which makes the car stall when it gets hot. Kama ni air intake sensor, ingekuwa ina stall all the time na gari za siku hizi ziko na default mode when the mass air flow sensor goes kaput. Exhaust sensor malfunction only leads to loss of power but not stalling so my guess is huyo mechanic amewanyorosha.

1 Like

Ideally he should.

Nyingi sana huibiwa kwa yard au in transit. Na kama gari ni mpya ukiingia hapo Ngara unashangaa kwa nini hao jamaa wanaangalia chini ya gari; they’re usually checking for it.

1 Like

Diesel or petrol engine?? Coz for diesel it is dpf, diesel particulate filter, completely different from the catalytic converter in petrol engines.

1 Like

Then I learnt to connect io freno directly na brake pedal. I was to send you those pics. Anytime umekanyaga brakes pressure inabuild… Ukiachilia inacheza freno chwaaaaaaa[ATTACH=full]85972[/ATTACH]. Tamu sana

2 Likes

Ile ina freno ni diesel.

Catalytic convertors have some rare earth metals which are very valuable. They normally melt the catalytic convertors to extract the metals and thus why the vibrant trade. Ata kuna wazungu hukujanga kuzinunua wholesale.

Diesel 1KD

Hehehe…nipe zote detailed ones pale kwa inbox mzito.

ukifunzwa ntakuja unifunze,
alafu ile story iliiva though tulichukua around nairobi sa nikumaliza processing kiasi