Kikuyus solely fought for freedom

Harry Thuku said in 1952, “To-day we, the Kikuyu, stand ashamed and looked upon as hopeless people in the eyes of other races and before the Government. Why? Because of the crimes perpetrated by Mau Mau and because the Kikuyu have made themselves Mau Mau.” The British killed over 12,000 Mau Mau militants and are implementing policies involving the forced relocation of local people from the fertile highlands to make way for white colonial settlers and the incarceration of over 150,000 men, women and children in concentration camps.
In sense maumau were only a destruction to themselves take a case of Ghana negotiations worked and Harry Thuku took a page from the book

Maasai? Bro no. In fact the Maasai were the weapon used to punish the Kikuyu. The Brits assisted the Maasai to terrorize the kyuks

Am not here to deny those facts my friend, same way am against people who try to twist historical events just because their grand-fathers were wearing shorts ,cooking for the white men and calling them “Bwana” , while others tried to resist…

Once in power Kenyatta swerved from radical nationalism to conservative bourgeois politics. The plantations formerly owned by white settlers were broken up and given to farmers, with the Kikuyu the favoured recipients, along with their allies the Embu and the Meru. By 1978 most of the country’s wealth and power was in the hands of the organisation which grouped these three tribes: the Gikuyu-Embu-Meru Association (GEMA), together comprising 30% of the population. At the same time the Kikuyu, with Kenyatta’s support, spread beyond their traditional territorial homelands and repossessed lands “stolen by the whites” – even when these had previously belonged to other groups. The other groups, a 70% majority, were outraged, setting up long-term ethnic animosities.

Only facts and this was mere theft.

So what did your grandfather do in this fight for freedom?

My Grand-Father was in the mau mau, and was arrested in 1956 and incarcerated at Manyani… he was one of those who refused forced labor and survived.

Manyani detention price paid for a free Kenya - Business Daily

I understand where you are coming from, a place of low esteem. Fact is, only Gema was bombed using aircraft and tanks. Your grandfathers were busy ferking their wives when Kimathi and co. we dying in the forest. Today I see you babpons crying ‘haki yetu’ natapika.

That false narrative that has been sold by the “Kikuyu Elite” that have used it as a pawn to their entitlement to power and “government welfare”, whilst they labeled others “lazy”.

Do some research. Read a little more. During the time that Kenya got independence, most African countries were too. It was no coincidence. That fallacy that Mau Mau fought for independence is a narrative that was sold to the masses. What have Kenyans gained from it? A corruptible, incorrigible elite that sacrifices the welfare of the many and their generations for the few politically connected elite. State plunder.

70% of Nairobi is a slum. Mzungu left way early.

Fantasy land. You expect us to believe that those Okuyu who were for aeons organised into a tribal setup were aware of the British idea of a country called Kenya - that encompassed tens of other foreign(and enemy) tribes?

You believe these illiterate Okuyu cared so much about the Mijikenda in the Coast or the Njemps in Baringo to the point of risking their lives for their so called liberation?

Most settlers took Okuyu land and the likes of Kimathi fought to take back their forefathers’ land back. They didn’t know of animal called Kenya.

Wacha wajibambe tu

Field Marshall as I said my bloodline also lies in GEMA so just approach this with mature discussion and not cheap insults for an old man

OK, and the ones who fought died poor and the shamba boys now run the country that was fought for by the poor…
This mentality will never help you, it only helps the kinsmen you vote for, they have your guaranteed vote, while they make life tough for you to languish in poverty…

The truth is kyuks did a lot of the fighting especially between 1950 and 1960. They had lost the most and suffered alot under colonialism probably more than any other tribe. I give them kudos for that. But the narrative that they kicked out the mzungu isnt true.

The world had fundamentally changed and britain knew her empire was no longer sustainable in the form it had existed b4 WW2. Thats why all African territories, whether they had an armed rebellion or not, were let go.

For example, Tz didnt have an armed rebellion but they were let go. Also, I dont think UG had one. And not only colonies in Africa but Asia as well.

Also, lets not forget that the British still rake in billions from the operations of their businesses not only in kenya, but other former African colonies.

The Brits never really left. They simply changed the nature of our relationship which included giving us political freedom. They probably make more money from kenya today than at any time before independence

Why do the other Kenyan tribes feel offended when one says that it’s only the Gema who fought the mzungu for independence?

Everybody on his own, God for us all.
Mijikenda we’re busy working for slave traders

[ATTACH=full]253530[/ATTACH]
Let the people have fun at the end of the day wanakula ugali iko na kemikali na machungwa kutoka Tz,ama ni thufu pekee
I’m outta this thread

Majimaji rebellion?

There were some Maasai who were in the fight for independence though not by much. I will find a few names for you in a minute

The Kaburu was not leaving out of sheer benevolence. Homeguards were getting killed by Kikuyu warriors in significant numbers and it was becoming impossible to continue colonial rule without the possibility of getting killed. In their colonial literature they appreciated the determination of the Kikuyu people to be a free people.
I think I even read somewhere that the kaburu recruited Idi Amin to help stop the Maumau. Now that is not a small thing.

That was around 1905 bruh. Around the same time as Samoei rebellion in nandi land. Both were crushed and the british never left at that point in time. Its after WW2 when the world had changed ndio walienda.

Anyone who ever heard of ngorokos?

Because this kind of statement is irresponsible and malicious, and not the full truth.
In my opinion it only happens that kyuks come to the front line because they were the most affected by colonialism by default of location…