KILIMANI - HURLIGHAM

where? In case u have not noticed Nairobi is slowly but surely turning to a concrete jungle and peri-urban slum. I will not be surprised that by 2050 even uhuru park itself will be long gone.

Unasema ivo juu hauna pesa for now. Read my earlier comment. Nimekupea homework. Angalia your relatives wenye ni extremely well off and old (60+). Niambie ni wangapi wamehama from their mansions in the leafy suburbs kuenda kuishi ocha. Personally, none of them. Nobody will agree kuenda ocha na ako within driving distance to Aga Khan/Nairobi Hospital for his medical issues. The idea of living upcountry looks good now that you are 30s, healthy, and broke. When you are sixty, wealthy, with a few medical issues you wouldn’t even dream of it.
Ocha huendwa na senior citizens who can only get a better quality of life by leaving the city ie wenye hawajakafunga for one reason or another. If you are wealthy at 60, you will not find a good reason of leaving Nairobi. If you are not wealthy, you will find every reason to leave Nairobi for a better life ocha.

Seriously?? Msee, there will always be new and better estates so wacha kujifanya mjinga. Where?? I don’t know because I’m not a seer. But they will be there.

Hawawezi hama simply because they never made any meaningful investments in the rural areas when they were at their peak. Back then lazima ungekua nairobi to make mulla so they invested here. Since that’s not the case anymore why would I invest in a retirement home in a clogged town? As for medical checkups kwani unaenda hospitali kila siku kama ibada? Na furthermore u will surprised that some of these rural-esque towns have better medical facilities than those overpriced zahanatis

That’s a BS reason. They can afford to buy 10 acres huko ocha and shift immediately but still don’t do it, why?? Some already have large pieces if land ocha but they still don’t leave the city life.

Nakwambia you are reasoning like a peasant. If today you turn 60, with 3 lifestyle diseases, and $3M in the bank, you would realize how stupid the idea ya kwenda kuishi ocha sounds.

Kuenda kuishi ocha only makes sense to a person who hasn’t made a fortune yet for one reason or another. Sio mtu ameshakafunga tayari. Mzee akipewa pension ya 10M huyo hawezi ona point ya kubaki Kanairo juu that is not exactly life-changing money na he would make better use of the money ocha. Lakini mtu alikafunga tayari kumwambia atoke Nairobi atashindwa sana ni nini unamwambia. RAO is sijui 75 unadhani anaweza enda kuishi Bondo??

Show me even one ‘newer and better estate’ that has cropped up in nairobi that was not there in the 1970s…I WILL WAIT. acha kujifanya mjuaji buda, nairobi is progressively just becoming a big slum

Wewe sijui ni kusoma hujui kusoma ama nini. At their peak pesa ilikua nairobi, so obviosly they planned their retirement around the city, it’s not that they are wealthier than those who have retired mashinani. Fun fact, my richest uncle is based in Kitale and owns flat in hurlingham. Hawa wenye wako garden estate, south b and buruburu hakuna kitu wako nayo because nairobi’s fast life ate it all up.

:D:D brownskin you are quite deluded. What are chances of you being the next raira? The only reason he is in the city is because he is still active in politics and not practically retired. Anyway,wewe endelea kuota how u will retire in muthaiga na mimi nianze kushika acre zangu nanyuki for retirement tuone 40 years from today who will stick be stuck in the city’s rat race waiting for a windfall.

South B na Buruburu sio kwa watu wamekafunga. Those are middle class Nairobians like you and I. Rent South B ni kama 60k ama 70k. South B and Buruburu are middle class estates na naongea juu ya leafy suburbs hapa sio dusty suburbs.
Angalia most politicians basi. How many live in the village after retiring when they already have mansions in leafy suburbs? Nimekuuliza one more example…Raila Odinga. The guy is 75. What is he doing in Kanairo?? He is already wealthy and shifting to ocha won’t improve his lifestyle.

Raila is an example of a rich person. Nimekwambia kitu moja. Your claim was utakafunga uende kuishi ocha ukizeeka. Kama kukafunga kwako ni kuishi South B, then it makes sense for you kuenda kuishi ocha. Kukafunga in my view ni kuishi leafy surburbs at the bare minimum, at at that level of wealth, kuenda kuishi ocha is not logical.

Raira is not yet retired. I asked a question, show me one new leafy suburb estate that has sprouted in the city that was not there when the colonialists left and I WILL WAIT

Nairobi is just becoming a slum. By 2060 it will be worse than Bombay or Karachi.

Why are you assuming that people can’t shift from an old leafy surburb to a new one?? People are encroaching on Lavington. Wenye wanauza wanunue Karen ama sides za Kiambu-Limuru in controlled areas sio wajinga.

Bottomline, if you had enough money to live comfortably in a leafy suburb in Nairobi at 60, you would not even think of leaving for upcountry. I know this from observing my own relatives and they can’t all be wrong. In that list ongeza most politicians and any other wealthy person you know. None has left the leafy suburbs kuenda kuzeekea ocha. Those that have left Nairobi for ocha were never well off to live in the leafy suburbs in the first place.

Kwa hivyo usiseme ukikafunga utatoka Nairobi…ukikafunga your reasons of staying in Nairobi actually multiply as you age.

They actually very daft because it’s just a matter of time before the same reasons that caused them to move from Lavington or Kilelesshwa will catch up with them in waginge or runda. But i can understand, those folks are from a different era. When to make money and be powerful u had to be physically near the city usipitwe na form. They are wired like that.

Like i said if u dont mind kuanza kuhama your prized home at 65 which u built/bought at 45 at the peak of your career because joe muchiri has opened a club at your doorstep, well and good. Invest in a city retirement home.

nairobi ni mahali unatafuta pesa zako ukifikria vile utajitoa bana. This city has no soul or order

Trying to drive sense into that faggot’s head is harder than accessing my fat wife’s cunt with an 4’’ penis.

Anybody with some decent money, will opt to settle in their own world away from the bustle and hustle of the city. Faggot Azai wale wasee wanaown islands are dumb? What about the whites owning conservancies and ranches?? I get me some decent money, I mean I get more than a hundred bob in my mpesa, shit am putting up a nice mansionette ushago hidden from villagers’ view by some trees. Kila nyani na starehe zake. Opinion is like an ass, everybody has one, except Azai’s has been violeted and is very deep, therefore making his opinion very invalid.

The primary reason people leave the city upon retirement is to seek a better quality of life with their reduced income.

Wealthy seniors don’t have that reason. Therefore, they can’t justify living upcountry. They can have a higher standard of life right here in the city kwa hizo leafy suburbs. If you are 60 and can’t afford to live in the leafy suburbs, that’s when it makes perfect sense to go and live a better life upcountry.

Ndio maana nakushow unareason from the perspective of mtu hajakafunga enough kuishi leafy suburbs.

K’ih’ii when will you ever mature?

When your ass’s muscles will eventually tighten.

they wont be any leafy suburbs to speak of in nairobi by 2069, that’s my whole point. This city is just killing the little order the colonialists left, ata hio nmuthaiga yako will be a Chinese slum full of high rise apartments. Just wait.

who in 1999 would have thought that ukiwa na less than 50K unaeza ishi kilimani ni a 2 bedroom apartment? Nobody! Sembuse in 2060? That place will be a fucking slum man. Thinking that kuna leafy suburb yako umewekea which will resist population and economic pressure is just naive if not stupid.,

There will always be leafy suburbs msee. New ones will emerge as old ones become infested by the middle and lower classes. That’s how an urban sprawl works. There is a lot of vacant land in Kajiado, Kiambu and Machakos. Even cities that have existed for hundreds of years like New York and London have leafy suburbs. Nairobi won’t be any different.

Toa kiambu kwa hio hesabu yako. Kajiado and machakos were rural outposts in early 2000s…maybe there will be leafy suburbs in 2030, do you get my drift?

Kungojea leafy suburbs hii town and sticking around it ukingojea to retire hapa will ferrk u up badly