Knee Strap for LCL Injury

niliwahi kuwa na hiyo pain on my lateral knee pia juu ya football na jogging mob. went to the doctor who gave me 3 options: surgery, strengthen muscles around the knee joint ama niache ball kabisa. Nikadecide kugym miguu. squats, deadlifts etc. Siku hizi mi humada 90 mins bila mauchungu. Daktari alisema kitu kama iliotibial band syndrome…

1 Like

Nliona it takes 6 weeks to heal fully…but within this period lazma mtu achape zoezi mdogo mdogo ndio ligaments ziwe strong. Squats ni important sana.

2 Likes

Yako inakaa complex sana. Hope you fully recover.

1 Like

So I went and they did MRI and found all ligaments iko sawa though walisema there is a contusion kwa lateral patella tissues . So I was given some girlish exercises that I can’t comprehend but I have to.Will post some of those exercises ,maybe they can help some guys here

1 Like

Physio ndiyo unaita girlish exercises?:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah man. Nimezoea tough stuff sio lala flat, inua mguu 45°
,90° then breath out … hii nikunipotezea wakati. I just do it because mama watoto wants me to do it Laa sivyo I would have gone to run in the bushes till it heals by itself. . “Dawa ya moto ni moto”

1 Like

I actually figured that the most important step towards achieving a fully healed knee ligament is by giving it proper rest. Adequate rest. So most web doctors advised that the LCL injury takes 6 weeks to heal naturally without re-injury. From December to now I’ve gotten around 4 weeks of rest, today I resumed my personal training schedule to strengthen the knee. High intensity aerobics and running would be part of it. I’ll try sprinting from next week to see if it has fully recovered. But as of now I feel great, squats are done with no pain.

Would be good to see those exercises so as to see if I can try them.

1 Like

For the resting bit I’ll do that one .lakini hii ya dr. Luther kuweka miguu angles tofouti tofouti is kinda challenging to me . But thanks for the tip… I’ll have to Scan it since it was printed on a hard copy . Trust me I’ll get it done soonest

1 Like

[ATTACH=full]78638[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]78639[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]78640[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]78641[/ATTACH]

This is the best I could do folks

1 Like

This is very informative, will download and try doing them in the evening. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Like you’ve been advised by @Luther12 ,first step is for a proper diagnosis to be made.This is only made by the Orthopaedic Surgeon taking your history and examining your knee…I would be a bit cautious with self-diagnosis.
This is because, not every pain in the outer aspect of the knee is due to a LCL injury.
Secondly, it would be worthwhile to note that injuries of the LCL, indeed any ligament are of various grades of severity, from a sprain to a complete tear.Some are amenable to non-operative treatment especially if the diagnosis is made early.
The other thing one needs to be aware of is that an LCL injury sometimes may coexist with another injury e.g a meniscal tear. Your orthopaedic surgeon will examine and rule out that too.
Most ominous is that sometimes the LCL is torn with other structures that support the outer aspect of the knee, what is called the Posterolateral Corner(PLC).
Frequently this requires surgery.This is not to scare you, but to encourage you to see the doctor…#lipakamatender
Good luck

1 Like

Not to consult a orthopaedic surgeon right after the “accident” is careless since the knee is the most important joint which has to carry your body. I know the pain one has when ligaments got torn. I had two accidents when skiing, first a torn meniscus (R.H. knee) and two or three years later another accident when skiing with the diagnosis ACL tears at the same knee, whereby the latter was the pire concerning the pain when moving the knee and it took at least half a year till I could walk and use my knee again without any restriction. The meniscal tear was treated by MIS plus remedial gymnastics, the ACL conventionally by long soft orthesis plus remedial gymnastics (the orthesis got adjusted by the orthopaedic according to the healing process).
I only can recommend you to see a doctor.

1 Like