KPLC new paybill No:

Kuna kitu inaitwa copy and paste nugu

Kplc cant risk having a payment reverse mode. For obvious reasons

Gone thru. the same, when I called niliambiwa we wait for watu wa finance, hiyo nikaiwacha

Can you imagine the amount hawa kplc hu collect with that, safaricom husema pesa ishaingia kplc tembea ofisi zao

Acha tuone hii story yako from an accredited news source ama kortini. Kuleta unsubstantiated claims huku ni @kelele tuu

Wee wacha kujifanya mjuaji tunajua kuna copy paste, some cases unaweza pata you have to enter the digits maybe number umeandikiwa ama you are using a phone with no copy paste…nikama kuniambia ulichelewa kwa jam hujui kuna ndege ungetumia nugu.

Nothing new, we complain in the social media

Always use Twitter to contact these coorporates, the response is usually apt and professional.

I think those figures are exaggerated (6 billion ni pesa mingi), but I think it’s true that those extra pay bills are conduits for stealing money from us. Sijawai zitumia but I’ve seen how of late there have been delays of even one hour on something that never took longer than 5 minutes on 888880.

I use all three paybill numbers, mostly Vendit because they’re very prompt, but there’s never been a change in the number of units I receive. I always receive the same number of units, and pay the same amount in charges, whether I’m buying via the kplc paybill, vendit or dynamo.

I pay through Equitel and there is nothing fishy

I’ve just bought some units using that Vendit paybill. But I’ve not been charged 83 as you purport. Minus the token amount, my Mpesa shows a difference of Sh22.

Question is why would u buy tokens thru a 3rd party when the direct kplc paybill is working, i mean the consumer has a choice so kama kuna mtu ameconniwa ni ule hafanyi hesabu kujua 3rd party paybills are in business too and their charges must be higher than the main kplc paybill.
The focus should turn on the link between the 3rd party token vendors and the KPLC information system and whether any other Kenyan is free to have their own paybill directly linked to the KPLC system.

Pesa ukiweka kwa wrong paybill/till no., focus shifts to the owner of the paybill/till sio safcom - clearly stated in the safcom rules and regulations regarding paybill usage.
Procedure ni u visit a KPLC office near u, fill a funds rea-allocation form where u jaza the wrong a/c and correct account na re-allocation inafanywa within 24hrs. Now u know.

Haiya! @Okiya yule mmoja alikuwa anapanda gari mpaka Mombasa kushangilia JaKuon?

Perfect answer!! I have been through that twice and correction was flawless.

The President and DP are your personal customer service agents? Why don’t you dream up a more believable story first?

Alafu through that nikapata pesa na kujenga pigsty. Zero loan. Maisha ni kujipanga my friend.

I used 888880 last evening and it worked fine. Not sure what the hullabaloo is all about. In +254, we have been f**cked so hard by everyone that we have become numb: KPLC, Arap Mashamba, County Governments (Why pay 300/- for a 20 mins parking?), Neighbours, —! Atleast, KPLC is giving us some power after they finish doing us.

888880 works perfectly for me. izo number zingine nimezijua leo.

Things involving MONEY one MUST counter check mara kadhaa. Either way dont expect kplc or safcon to reverse money paid using a paybill number.

Btw is there an option to reverse money paid via paybill? HAKUNA

So wacha kulaumu watu wa kplc