KRA Overuse of intelligence to haunt people and businesses

I have a few… the only thing I find annoying is that they are too nosy nowadays and whatever the case, I never want to deal with KRA extortionists like the one here who is angry that I have exposed them…

What i am saying ni we form companies and do everything including personal car and everything via the company… nothing to your name

I only transact in limited companies… and they still came and audited me… I had imported a car not long before that audit, so I think that is what triggered the audit… and it has happened to a few friends who have transacted vehicles and also properties not long before the audit…

Kulipa ushuru ni kujitegemea. Asla amefanya kasi buana.

The government is losing money through Treasury not KRA

Of course I agree with you… Not even the Treasury but through the final spending offices… The Treasury’s role is to collect and disburse to the spenders… Either way, I always believe that this is semantics… Let us call it Government… KRA is always blaming the Treasury and so and so forth… It is the Government that is to blame… then it is up to them to determine who in it’s system is to blame…

KRA should start by auditing all government officials Kutoka juu hadi chini… Then waende kwa wananchi…

Lipa taxes wewe. KRA can never extort you if your affairs are in order.

Alafu you can always evade taxes which is legal so I don’t understand why you are complaining.

Wawawa, kwisha sisi. It’s just a matter of time kabla wanikabe koo. Fuack

Na saa hio wenye nchi are evading taxes bila shida.

@sani climbed to the top of the village hut na akawaambia kuna snakes in the grass up in this bi.tch.

Mjichunge wazeiya riba mnachapa hii mtaa kama reach yao iko vyenye @Jimjones amenena msiwalete doorstep zenyu kwanza wa kuflash mali apa X5 this SG5 that :smiley:

Embobut mah frens

Why are you people still putting properties under your names…Kuna kitu inaitwa creating a company it has its own legal life. you can have a different company for every different property you own. and also companies owning companies and you can also have a company in Uganda but it owns Assets in kenya, Borrow a leaf from your indian brothers wanaendesha Bentley Bentayga wakienda kwa factory industrial area …nothing in their name

I actually was planning to import another car for Bibi… Now I will not… They filter all the PINs of all importers and automatically order an audit (EVEN IF YOU have been consistently filing and paying taxes)… It is never a sweet experience to be audited over and over again and each time a different guy is assigned to audit you… and they will always find reasons to make you pay more money… if you dispute, you will have to go to their dispute resolution then go to court… in the mean time, they could easily freeze your bank accounts without further notice after they assessment.

I always pay my taxes… But I love my privacy… I do not want hungry extortionists drooling over my bank statements over and over again trying to establish whether i evaded taxes or not… BTW do you know that those fools ask for 5 years M-Pesa statements? Now, if you receive a million bob per month via Mpesa for whatever reason, are you ready to prove that source of funds that they were not taxable income to hyenas?

I have always known KRA was circling us in but I didn’t anticipate this level

They have become vicious in the last 3 years… You sell property, and KRA uses intelligence to follow up and ask for more information on the property like sale agreements and they also carry out independent assessments to confirm that the property value declared is the market value… if it is lower (for stamp duty), they will reassess and ask you to pay more and add penalties and interest… for the seller, they charge capital gains tax and will ask for sale agreements at purchase time and selling time… same assessment will take place… If you ever trade with any Government of institution that withholds income tax and VAT, they use this to determine income tax for the year and also VAT declarations for the month in question… if you import anything, and your tax payments are miniscule, utakipata when clearing and in fact they actually hold on to your item until you regularize your tax affairs…

Note that I have no issue with paying my FAIR share :D:D:D:D:D

I understand… I only hate it when being asked to produce M-Pesa and bank statements for them to dig and assume that all M-pesa receipts are income… then you will have to really fight to prove otherwise!

Taxes must be paid by everyone. We should only lobby for reduced tax rates. Otherwise i support TIMS and all other intelligence meaures that will put us in line. How do you import a vehicle worth millions when you have been filling nil or no returns forever

That is not always the case… what has been happening is that for every import declared, KRA audits the importer for domestic taxes compliance… even when they have filed and paid the taxes regularly… the problem is that this blanket intrusive act introduces extortion… Yet the same effort is not being put to nab those who still 2b per day from the same taxes