Kungurus Everywhere, Even Street Boys Are Suffering

[SIZE=1]si unisave na hiyo link…[/SIZE]

one time, Belinda Obura was doing her make up in the visitors lounge hapo sit’zen tv. My intern/producer walked in with a guest, who had come early. it was around 6:20 there and my show ilikuwa inaanza 7pm. the lounge is huge.
My intern comes back complaining that some woman doing her make up has refused them to sit in there so she wanted to know whether to bring the guest to the studio. I was a bit shocked.
I walked downstairs, met the guest, and engaged in some small talk. I opened the lounge door and ushered him to sit and make himself comfy. Nikaambia intern amletee chai na mandazi asikae njaa. As i’m leaving i hear “excuse me” I turn and BO goes like “you can’t be here i just told your colleague…” i asked her why and she said can’t you see i’m doing make up? I told her he won’t interfere with your process. but she dug in and said she needs privacy. mind you guest bado ako tu hapo… i told her he is staying until when my show begins and I will come for him. she was very angry.

it was quite an eyeopener for me. That she would want a guest to stand outside because she’s doing her makeup (mbwa yeye) and the lounge is big enough to accommodate almost 12-15 people sitting comfortably on nice leather sofas, was truly shocking. she and i never interacted after that. but my image of her was cemented.
the complete opposite scale of the spectrum is Grace Msalame. such a darling that one. wonderful person. in media you find all types. there was one who was so eloquent on TV, akitoka studio, dame ni gangsta ile sheng alikuwa akibonga unashangaa kama ni boyz akina mauki family!

So, you are ugly but you love yourself all the same?

7:1 female to male?
out of 8 people, 7 ni wamama?

yaani 87% of Kenya’s population ni wamama?

So capote umechapa? Na venye uko na standards za upus kwa wanaume anyway it’s no wonder you’re still single in your late 40s

Leta link tuchafue mecho:D:D:D

Kenyans have inferiority complex about their own languages and associate vernacular, Sheng, or English spoken with local dialect as inferior or for the poor like Mauki Brothers. It’s a colonial mindset. It’s a self hate mindset. I bet if she was speaking Ebonics or slang you would have had no problem.

In other African countries people are extremely proud of their accents and their equivalent of Sheng like Pidgin English. South Africans have their accent, West Africans, Tanzanians and Ugandans among others. It’s only in Kenya where speaking Swahili or Sheng makes you ghetto.

At the Coast you can stay for a very long time without speaking much English. And it’s a very nice experience for people who love their Africaness. Also Europeans at the Coast prefer to speak their own language over other countries language. For example you can find an Italian who knows English very well but refuses to speak it to the locals but instead speaks Italian, his own language. Forcing locals to learn Italian so as to do business with them. Preferring foreign languages over your own local languages is a sign of inferiority not superiority as you may think. What you have as you look down at native lingo is a slave mentality. Emancipated yourself from mental slavery of thinking English is a better language than Sheng. It is not. Go to the affluent older generation, they love their mother tongue and will speak it at any opportunity. If you go to the functions like weddings or ngurarios of kikuyu elite they conduct the whole function in kikuyu. But you an average person feels speaking English makes you superior to someone speaking Sheng or swahili or mother tongue. You think climbing the ladder means that you should abandon local dialect bcz you associate anything African with poverty.

Personally I love local dialects more even though I know several European languages, of which btw English is the blandest. Spanish and Italian are more expressive and interesting.

As for Belinda, I see nothing wrong with her wanting privacy to do her makeup, she gets priority over a visitor bcz she works there. It’s you who was wrong not her. TV anchors all over the world are narcissists bcz media like others in the public limelight is a career that encourages it. Bcz it’s a cut throat business that requires that you be full of yourself to survive. By being a diva.

In the world there are different kinds of people depending on upbringing, life experience and other things. So you can’t expect all women to be kind and sweet and humble esp in a cut throat business like media. Those who are are probably very sheltered and had a smooth entry into the limelight.

Wueh…sasa

i wish for once you would just see positivity anywhere. you can really be vexatious to the spirit. to date she is still my friend and she still speaks mauki-type sheng. i was demonstrating to talkers how diverse some of the anchors are. it has nothing to with this diatribe you have chosen to write.

secondly, regarding Belinda, there is a make-up room. The lounge is not a make up room so she had no dibs over it. It is/was/will be a public space for guests to wait their turn to go on air, not for some average clown dictate. You see, here, we speak of things we know and have experienced. And you assume that you have to be full of yourself to survive. you’d be shocked at how few the divas. The majority are dte personalities. I spoke of Msalame as a darling, yet you conveniently chose to ignore that because you it wouldn’t support your narrative.

Quit with the negativity. It will give you hbp and that is not good for your body. You are only casting aspersions based on a warped mindset beset with ignorance. Sit down and enjoy your steak.

With friends like you, Belinda doesn’t need any enemies. So this is how you talk about your friends? Wow! You sure make an excellent frenemy. Why did you use her real name? You could still have made the point without mentioning her. Can you imagine if someone here is her friend and shows her what you wrote about her. Do you think she will be happy? You yourself would you be happy if someone portrays you in a negative light then claims to be your friend? Father figure said something negative about female news anchors and you used your ‘friend’ s example to validate the negative comment.As for wishing me HBP, I return to sender. Disease is not my portion in Jesus name. My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit so its excellent in every way and highly protected. I am covered from negative words, ill will and curses which will all return to their sender. God will contend with those who contend with me. And curse those who curse me.

Please do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Don’t badmouth people then say you were trying to prove diversity. If you would not say what you have said here to your friends face, don’t say it behind their back. I don’t need to work in Citizen to see thru malicious gossip. Thanks.

Belinda was never my friend. EVER! are you reading ama you’re just picking what your mind wants to satisfy your negativity?

For my friend, she of course she knows who she is and i tell her to her face. It’s part of her appeal and why we are still friends 9 years later.

And quit pretending you’ve been cursed. No one cursed you.

You are really sick. Sometimes I think unaonewa hapa but now I see you’re nowhere close to normal. I hope you enjoyed your steak.

Hakuna mtu ananionea they’re like you just allergic to the truth. Jesus put it very well when worldly people do not feel any discomfort around you it’s bcz you are on the same side. The devils side. I am very sorry for your friend. How can you put Mauki which a gang in the same sentence as someone you consider a friend? Anyway, guess my standards for friendship are higher than yours. I would never have a friend like you myself. That’s just my standard.

you’'re still here? despite being corrected you’re still here? poor girl :frowning: