Land cruiser 120 series Vs Land Rover discovery 3

True. Below 2000cc Toyota owners lead the pack in scaremongering. Unapata MTU kwa maisha take hajawahi hata kubebwa na BMW ama Mercedes but yeye amekuwa gwiji kwa hip maneno. Safe in the knowledge that their rust buckets can take any abuse as regards use and maintenance, they move with the same mentality to worthier cars only to cry when the said cars act up for lack of proper maintenance.

yeah true i dont own a bicycle but i have a motorbike honda cbr 1000rr that is still under assembly i posted here a while back last year.true i have never owned a discovery but my mzee did own a discovery 2 and i saw the problems he went through…as for me i own a volkswagen touareg 3.6 VR6 it might not be a bigger suv than yours but definately i loathe people who spring into conclusions and throw statements.

See, you only have tales about the LC2.I am refering to the LC3

Good for you but note if you will that the discussion was on discovery 3 and not gari ya babako ambayo ni discovery 2. Commenting on this while, even from your own admission, your experience is limited to Discovery 2 is, well, STUPID and I also loathe stupid people.

Matusi in ya bure. A third hand landrover whatever the model is a stupid deal. 2m will buy third hand lc3 at most. These are cars that the Brits themselves are wary of even buying brand new. By the way maintenance is relative. A modern car that requires more than a basic oil change several times in an year is a liability.

Naogopa na petrol kwa a car that size. Fuel station itakuwa second home.

Not really , a big engine is economical on highway driving whereas if a small engine was to keep up would consume more since .

I can bet my left nut that you have NEVER owned an LR3. Remember you posted your old subaru here when you had gone to Ngong Hills. Anyway delude yourself at your pleasure sir

Jipe raha. Unfortunately for you, I don’t have to validate myself to you.

Chukua hio Prado iko na 1kd/1gd turbo diesel ,but if you are feeling “adventurous” you can buy the LR3 discovery ,but for my money ,I would look for the ml / gle 350 ,ama touareg then hio discovery

Let me throw my two cents in… I have driven the Land Rover discovery 3-2700. The vehicle is a monster in acceleration. You can give it to the Brits. The downside spares are relatively higher, brake pads disks almost got hand in hand, oil and service sets you back about 20k… However there are jaluos in back streets in inda/south B that can sort you out. The LC diesel TX version comes up close in speed/puck/consumption but the Discovery itakuacha mbali… Minor service sets you back about 8k. The later petrol 2700 cc versions seem a bit lazy in pick especially on the highway/incline… As I say speed and comfort go for the Discovery 3 but when the air suspension dies on you as you descend down Mai Mahiu… Njoro WA spare hatakusaidia…

Good and objective observations sir. I found the LR3 planted at high speeds compared to the Prado. The air suspension is best addressed by changing to coil springs and coding to retain the terrain response system. You can cut on maintenance costs by importing your spares and learning some basic DIY stuff. A diagnostic tool would also be handy ndio usikamuliwe over basic stuff. Halafu Prado makes you a worthy carjacking prospect compared to the LR3.

Discovery is a luxury and more comfortable car, it is not meant for guys who call an extra 5k kwa service expensive. Toyota is a handy car made to withstand what we can say is abuse to discovery. Luxury car serve you better when new and require good maintainance with genuine parts if you buy an old one.

Discovery any time turbo diesel tuff body ,great acceleration stable on cruise seats comfy can’t compare with prado

How many times are you on the highway?

What does it cost to service say an LC 3 without any major changes ?

Toyota’s 1GD-FTV is a 2.8L turbodiesel YOM 2015 onwards in Prado’s, Fortuners & Hilux d/cabs; the 1KD-FTV is it’s 3.0L turbodiesel predecessor, YOM 2000 onwards. The newer, smaller plant is more powerful.

Good information but he didn’t clarify if he was buying it new or used that’s why I said 1kd / 1gd

Prado, endorsed by ISIS.