Lawyers in the village i need your advice

Nyang’au inaitwa otieno

he he…

ilipata deposit ikaweka warembo kwa gari wakaenda game ya Gor Mombasa…

i do not want to sound tribal but kunakuwaga na kasida mahali…excellent craftsmen but problems with the delivery date…

my last encounter ilibidi niweke welding machine na grinder kwa gari ndio akubali kuja kufanya kazi…

3 Likes

Inakaa pia mimi nitabebe vitu yake ndio jamaa ani refund doo, the amount is around 30k, naona kwenda court ni stress n time consuming as well. Siri ni kuchota jamaa

1 Like

he he he,wacha maneno ya wakili,kama hasemi amekataa utamwabiaje akurefund pesa kiaje na atasema alinunua material? Kama ni welder jaribu mbinu zote umubebeleze akuje na machines hata kama utatumia mtu mwingine,akikuja nazo kataa nazo,hapo utamuweza

Fuuuck!! Kwani it’s genetic? I had a similar experience tukaenda na vijana tukabeba welding machine, gate na kitanda. Nikapea yeye warning asicheze na mungiki na mabaya zaidi yatafuata. Nilikuwa na machungu ya kuambiwa nakula pesa ya family project. Jamaa alitafuta O zote mtaa yao kazi wakamaliza na wiki mbili. Welding machines sijui walitoa wapi juu yake nilirudisha after kuchukua mali yangu. Btw they did a perfect job.

He he he…mimi Kuna fundi mwingine wa milango Mariakani. Twelve metallic doors venye alinizungusha bana. Na Ku imagine Nilikuwa natoka all the way from Malindi.
They know hakuna pahali unaweza wapeleka juu wataambia polisi…“Mimi kazi imebakia kidogo hapo nikumalizia”.
I sweet talked my guy amalize…hata nikamlipa deposits ingine za milango. Nikaacha kumsumbua nikam show nitakam after two weeks. Wapi. Nikachora Na watu wake wa mkono wanitengenezee 30 windows…new deal new terms…owner unknown. Lakini waseme Ni Mimi nili refer huyo jamaa. Two days later jamaa akani call…milango imeisha…a week or so latter nikabeba madirisha Na milango. Na nikakitoa. Hadi wa Leo ananiombaga nimalize pesa zake za mlango nam show…next week boss…next month boss…kidogo nikaaza pesa gani…akaboeka.

30k achana na story za wakili na kenyan courts. You will just waste more money and of course time. Tafuta solution ingine

Hiyo sio poa, lipa yeye tu, please. For your own conscience.

1 Like

mwingine alipewa deposit na wife hata kabla sijamuoa atengeneze kitanda 3*4…Mimi huyo nikaoa wife na tukapata mtoi. 2 years later nilikua nataka kitanda ya mtoi. wife akanikumbusha hii stori ya Fundi alimuibia bed. Nilienda nikampea deposit ya decker + pesa ya wife na nikampea 3 days. Hizo vitisho zilifanya jamaa alete bed kwangu hadi akawekelea mattress.

2 Likes

women never write off, or forget their money…

Mlipe… Na pia umpe ya chai… Then umwambie ufala aeke kando.

For 30k, you just have to make him work and complete the job. If he does 30k worth of work, you can fire him and get another fundi.

Is it that he has taken up many jobs from different places and he has a problem delivering? If he has done this, find out these other places, confront him while he is working.

Fundis are all the same; doesn’t matter the community they come from. They’ll joke around with your job and will most probably steal from you too.

1 Like

@Nananimpa and other ktalkers, quick one. Is it possible, by whatever means, to get a hearing date at the high court on a favourable date? Can I convince a court registrar at the high court to slot me in with a judge for a hearing in Nov or Dec? I know they always say the diary is full, but there has to be a way.

If they tell you that the diary is full at the registry, u can only get a date on very exceptional circumstances. If you feel that ur matter should be heard urgently, u can file an application under certificate and outline why ur matter should be heard on priority basis. The certificate is heard the same day it is filed by the duty Judge who will certify the application urgent n invite u to serve the other party n gives a date for inter parte (both parties) hearing. If u go on the date of hearing of the application n persuade the court that ur matter shud be heard on priority basis coz of its nature, then u will be heard either in nov or dec. i must warn you that u hav to have very good grounds 4 ur application to be allowed. Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Nananimpa.

Someone once said Kenyan courts are for politicians and rich people. It’s very hard to get justice. :frowning:

I don’t think I would want a certificate of urgency. I saw the diary and it is handwritten. I need one of those registrars to just slot a case on a day like Jan 12, they serve both parties, and a hearing is set? Standing before a judge might convince the other party to settle out of court and reduce this tortuous waiting game.

Small Claims Court. What happened?

1 Like

The Deputy Registrars’ hands are also tied. They flow with the diary’s availability. Only a judge can order a matter to be heard on priority basis. Before the new CJ, there was alot of corruption at the registry. Unahongana to get an early hearing date. Things have changed now n u will find that the DR is not prepared to do favours which might end up biting his ass in the future. I commend the new CJ, contrary to ur sentiments, the poor are these days getting justice. The rules, procedures n regulations have been varied to allow any person to access justice without being assisted by an advocate in case they can’t afford one. Judges are very patient in scenarios where a person appears in person instead of having legal representation. Please note that a DR cannot fix a date n serve both parties. The parties need to appear at the registry at the same time to choose a convenient date to both to avoid a scenario where one party will come n seek an adjournment on the hearing date on grounds that the date they were served with was not convinient.

1 Like

Lawyers scare me. But you @Nananimpa, I like. Asante. :wink:

Your advice simply says take a chill pill and wait for the wheels of justice to laboriously roll on for the next 10 years. It’s a simple industrial court matter (and what I need most is the certificate of service); what if it was a criminal case? People rot in jail for the crap that happens in Kenyan courts.

I guess I have to work hard and make lots of money to buy a judge. :slight_smile:

I don’t think the judicial system has changed much. When we were young, and I know @Luther12 knows this, we had to go to courts to testify on some cases. I used to hate every second of it. Yes, we now have a high court judge in Murang’a, Kigumo and Kabartojo but… Medical documentss for patients flying to India have to be certified at the high court. I was once asked for a bribe to have them signed in 1 hour at the Supreme Court in town (a walking distance from Mutunga’s office).

Cases are moving fast these days compared to kitambo. U have to understand that there is a backlog that the judges are trying to clear all over the country. The old judges never used to hear matters. They used to adjourn unnecessarily.In the next one or two years it will be possible to file a case n have it determined within one year. If ur matter is at the industrial court, rest assured it will go very fast. I find those judges very diligent. Corruption takes time to die… What we have taken are baby steps n we will get there sooner or later. We should celebrate the fact that steps are being taken to curb the vice. Nowadays they don’t make it obvious that they want a bribe for fear of the fact that they do not know who they are dealing with. It demonstrate that something positive is taking place.

2 Likes