Let's Stretch Our Imagination

Doesn’t matter. You won’t see shit.

If you study research that has been done, it indicates that the world we experience is a perception and not an actual reality. This is debatable, and there is no reason to depart from the observable to embrace incomplete theories.

Some people have argued that things dont exist until they are percieved. A weird argument.

@Ingia so in short it means that nature in fact owes its beauty to us…because we have imposed our perceptions on it then, which again might then reinforce the notion of the world not being real?

On Nat geo the’re is a series by neil degrasse tyson, worth watching. He breaks it down so well you will be hooked. Last I watched was about possibility of teleporting.

how real is teleportation? saw some youtube video on it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x9kvtBgds8

1 Like

As you read this comment are you in the present or past…

1 Like

you are in the past…the sun as we see it is 8-light minutes away, meaning what we are seeing now is only an event that occurred 8 minutes ago

I wish I was able to be cryogenically frozen, then unfrozen after 1,000,000 years to see whether all these theories could be practically achieved

1 Like

You would now be embracing the theory that the world does not exist until it is percieved. This is not a complete theory, but a there are opposing theories.

This is almost impossible to ascertain. For example, how are you sure that other minds exist?? How are you sure that other people are actually thinking?? Presence of other people could probably be pure perceptions and not reality. It also could be that other people and things are just a program made to appear to be interacting with you, while in reality, you are the only mind that exists. Its an insolvent question. I could be a program rather than a real mind reacting to you right now and vice versa. No matter how much perfect the interaction seems, there is always a possibility that everything else, or other minds, are not a reality, but a perception.

I understand you @Ingia , same question as when we call a colour “red” how sure am I that your “red” is my “red?”

1 Like

so the present or past is subjective hence not cast in stone…time doesn’t exist also wormholes are there any on earth…Bermuda triangle?

the mind is so powerful yet so limited…

it’s a fcuked up world! otherwise we will end up denying everything:D:D:D

Hehe guys, guys lets come back to earth for a moment…how come we never fall off the earth? what with the massive centrifugal force the earth generates and all. What is this gravity anyway? Can it be properly defined or understood?

Have been thinking about this. I think everyone sees their own things. Same with taste and smell.

1 Like

another thing is there is nothing motionless in the world, everything is moving…we are all pegged to the speed of the earth

You would now be embracing the theory that the world does not exist until it is percieved. This is not a complete theory, but a there are opposing theories.
This is almost impossible to ascertain. For example, how are you sure that other minds exist?? How are you sure that other people are actually thinking?? Presence of other people could probably be pure perceptions and not reality. It also could be that other people and things are just a program made to appear to be interacting with you, while in reality, you are the only mind that exists. Its an insolvent question. I could be a program rather than a real mind reacting to you right now and vice versa. No matter how much perfect the interaction seems, there is always a possibility that everything else, or other minds, are not a reality, but a perception.

Yeah that one. It is always a possibility that colours are individual. That whatever appears red to you is what you would call green in my eyes, but I call it red because I have been taught to call it red. In other words, we could be all calling a certain electromagnetic spectrum(colour) red, but we are seeing totally different stuff. It could be that the experience of colours is idividual. I remember arguing with people about this and they just couldnt understand where I was coming from. But I was in primary school and arguing such stuff at that level comes off as psychotic.

Probably an answer to different feelings towards colors???

1 Like

Gravity has never been understood. No one understands gravity. We only assign it a constant from empirical measurement to aid calculations. There are theories around though.

Of course. We are doing close to 2000km/hr at the equator due to earth’s rotation. We are also doing hundreds of thousands of km/hour around the sun at any moment. The galaxy is moving at an unimaginable speed in space, and we are in the galaxy. Motion in different directions.

Well, first off nothing faster than the speed of light. So moving faster than it is an absurd concept. But if you did manage to move at the speed of light and turned on your headlights, that light would move away from you at the speed of light. So you wouldnt catch up with it or keep up with it

2 Likes