lets test our age sets

No, not yet mid, early. nilisoma mapema…

a loaf of bread used to cost 17 bob, unga singejua cz the parents used to take maize to the posho mill

I was in std one when they changed to 844

Okay. Wewe ni “youth” according to kenyan politicians. You still would have fathered most of Ktalkers here.

Early childhood, tulikuwa tunaenda ocha na Nyayo Bus - na saa hiyo mzazi anainsist mtoto (even one with sprouting beards and a broken voice) ni sare. A journey that takes us 2.5 - 3 hours max by car nowadays used to take the whole day

1 Like

:eek::eek::eek: form 4!!

Ksh.10

:oops:
Makobosto:oops:

Ratili…Kathirikari! Gai… 18 till I die!

all the best…

NAKUMBUKA GARI YA KENYA BREWERIES IKITUPELEKA NYUMBANI ,

PATCO ILIKUWA??? BISKUIT ZA SHIMO, BUT NAKUMBUKA NIKITUMIA PENNY NIKIWA CLASS ONE

blue band na Kimbo used to come in mkebe ya mabati

Tulikuwa tunasiaga poshomill. I cam to learn about existence ya unga ya duka baadaye.

A loaf of bread was 4.80 when I joined form 1.

My first beer (Kenbrew) cost 17 bob.

My first cigarette (Embassy Kings) was 16bob. a packet.

Mandazi has always cost 5 bob.

daily nation costed 15 bob for weekly paper, sunday was 20 bob, not coloured but black and white,saa tano classes was a must for lower classes,- nakuru ask show was at its tip, nakuru matress had one store

kumbe hata wewe uko na tu miaka!
form 1 bread was 20bob
I still remember when matatu fair from town to esto. ( Nakuru) was hiked from 7bob to ten, watu walizusha and walked home in protest about 96/97. had gone to town with my dad

Bread was 24 bob till when nilimaliza class 8 n was waiting to join form one then PEV ikatokea. Bread ilishoot to 40bob.

alternatively ulikuwa unaenda na mkebe moja ya maize for washing the poshomill

1 Like

Kunyolewa ,u had to go for miles alafu unapata kinyozi ako kwa shamba tilling ,You had to wait for him ndio akunyoe na ile manual machine na kio mounted kwa mti

even nowadays especially in luhya land unga ni ya poshomill