Letter to the Director of Immigration over Illegal Brazilian Workers at Rift Valley Railways

Kahawa tungu was the first to raise alarm about KQ…that it was broke and couldn’t even pay salaries…boy did we run him out of town…and then in a few months??

1 Like

Whats the big fuss about na hata our very own @Ka-Buda alienda kuendesha lorry UK. ION the Government is letting us down, they should lay out strict rules to guide on expatriate employment if not kesho hata mathree zitakuwa ni za foreigners na watakuja na madere na makanga wao. Ni hayo tu.

The concession is owned through holding companies by Citadel Now known as Qalaa which is an Egyptian private equity firm…Though a Kenyan firm is supposed to hold a stake in the shareholding…this chance came to pass when Trans Century made a blunder and threatened to sell oil their stake…the Egyptian managed to buy all the shares held by Trans because the agreement gave them 1st rights to buy…That’s why board members Wengi are Egyptians except Naikuni and Brown Ondego(former Moi appointed MD to KPA) and the Ugandan representing Bomi…the Egyptians signed a management and technical services agreement with América Latina LogÃstica (ALL). a Brazil Rail operator which was to provide RVR with key management and operational staff and oversee the transfer of its technologies…that’s how the Brazillians have come in

@Ka-Buda had to jump ‘their’ hoops to get that job. Najua walimpiga malaps kadhaa kabla aget hiyo gange. What @msalame grace anasema ni gava to level to playing playing field and give chance to our qualified youth kupata hizo jobs. Foreign companies shouldn’t just hire their own unqualified people while tuko na watu wanaeza fanya hiyo kazi the whole nine yards. The indeginous should have some say.

2 Likes

What surprises me most is the big money poured by these investors and financial institutions in form of loans yet i hardly see the train carrying any goods. Msa to nrb traffic is 80% trucks carrying containers. When and where do they make money except magadi

you can never understand this reli outfit but huge mullah is changing hands. I think Transcentury made their money and moved on.

1 Like

Yes and thats where the likes of Atwoli make their millions

1 Like

I think one of the greatest mistakes we did was to privatize some of these formerly public institutions for the benefit of a few. Ofcoure by the time we were doing so they had been run down by mismanagement and lack of investment so the excuse was always that we need strategic investors who will inject new capital. These strategic investors are ending up shafting us and leaving us in the same situation. Look at KQ with KLM. The plunders took place during the former KANU regime when corruption reached alarming levels. The corruption then was of a kind that was so bad that people were literally eating these corporations to their skeletons. Todays corruption is that people take advantage to get lucrative contracts to do business with corporations locking others out but they dont eat the corporations. The corporations in most cases remain intact or continue growing.
My opinion is had government taken over these corporations, cracked the whip on corruption(by jailing or even hanging perpetrators and recovering lost money), put in new management with strict perfomance contracts and injected the needed capital, they would have turned around beautifully. I do not see anything special that the brazilians are doing that kenyans cannot do. All they are doing is sucking huge management fees from the corporation and sending the money home. Ofcourse we have no say because they are there courtesy of the private owners. However, politics shafts us bigtime.

What action should the current government take? All parastatals should be well taken care of, their performance, gains and benefits to the commoners. Sio kukimbilia kuuza kampuni to foreigners who screw up livehoods of many a people.

It’s not like the gov’t of the day sold those parastatals willingly by the way. Anyone recall the SAPs administered by the World Bank?

Brazilians and Indians share quite alot in common in terms of uncouth professional standards.

The common mwananchi was shafted twice. First by our very own who run down those corporations. Next by the foreigners and their SAPs. Lakini mwafrika tulikosea nani aki

I actually admire @ka buda since I learned that he drives his own truck. That is a milestone in a far off land. Wacha a hustle.

1 Like