Little Cabs - Letter from CEO on price adjustments.

Hapo umetundanganya lakini sies, I repeat sies argue na Dere

Talking out of ass…maybe the sounds make you think you’re very knowledgeable

Hii si biashara its slavery. I know many taxi guys struggling na gari ni zao je ule ameandikwa. One is contemplating kuuza gari juu ilikua partly bought on loan. 150k loan balance na imemulemea kabisa

how much does he get per day?

On a good day 1.5k only

net or after costs?

Someone earning 1k after spending, probably borrowing, hundreds of thousands to buy a car is very badly off.
He will never see a return on investment. That 1k a day will all go towards his survival.

It’s 1k net,learn to follow the convo first. Those guys make on average 6k a day, Toa fuel 2k, car owner 2k, balance 2k is his

That’s a very rosy picture you’re painting. From my interactions with Uber drivers, they don’t take home 2k a day unless they are the car owners.
Even from your 6k, Uber’s share is already 1.5k.

That is less ubers cash Buda boss. Been using Uber for the last 2 weeks and I always chat them up and on average they do 5-6k less Uber cash.

I’ve been using Uber for the last 3 years.
I’ve sat through many detailed calculations and the average trip is 200. From that the Uber driver goes home with around 50 bob assuming he’s not the owner. The typical Uber driver goes home with about 1k a day profit.
Initially the price per km was I think 60 bob. Now it’s 30. That’s why they are complaining.

They complaining because of that 30bob slash. Wengi hawakujipanga during that boom time. But competition has forced Uber to review those prices but they seem to think otherwise

firstly, i wonder if the additional cost on the riders is added directly to the drivers as an additional gain ama little is also benefiting from the increment. secondly, even if the cost is added up to KES. 40, it is not a guarantee that drivers will reduce working hours to spend with families, on the contrary most will want to work more hours to make more money. lastly, and most importantly, there are ,many Kenyans wanapitita mashida pia, most Kenyans on white collar jobs are on a gross pay of under 50k, ukitoa statutory and other deductions the net is under 40k. the drivers are just fine, no need to beg for them.

That 30 bob slash is half of your income.
It’s like having a salary of 60k and then then now its 30.
Majority did not even join when it was at those high prices. They’ve been joining over the months when the rates were already low.
Actually Taxify and the rest are just as bad. But the company cut is not as big as Uber’s.

Ile Nissan Note yako utaitolea pesa kwa mfuko. We kaa hapo.

Tell this guy incase he wants a cost breakdown of a vehicle per km, he should refer to the AA of kenya milage breakdown booklet