Loose Battery Terminal

Kabisaaaa… …weka payroll number nikushangaze…
I didn’t know money or lack of it can make some have Engine faults

You do not understand how a regular petrol engine works. that kind of failure is caused by a bad alternator. have the alternator checked. its a tricky fucker.

:D:D:D:D I’m glad you’re happy na ‘check engine’ light imezima.

2 Likes

My hunch tells me that the alternator may be faulty.

Mburi ino

Meeeeh! :D:D:D:D:D

This has happened to me too kwanza kwa kona,thanks to slow speed and the curbs
In my case it was caused by corrosion on the terminals.After cleaning them out,i have never had that problem 2 yrs later.Not the best experience though

Even though am currently doing shoebaru… .sioni vile corner na gari kuzima inahusiana.

It does happen, keep the advice and have the engines up to spec. I guess what happened is the terminal short caused the computer to reset, shutting down the engine.

These newer vehicles run more electronics than we know, if the system is out of wack zita leta shida.

Pole sana baba, glad you were able to control the situation.

hapa dakari ungesema efidence ya threshold kufikiswa iwekwe
cc @muria.mboco

Heheee battery disconnects and light go on? Huyu jamaa hajui anasema nini.

2 Likes

I think it happens kwa tu these newer cars kuna siku moja ilinizimikia usiku and it was an auto mpaka mzee mwingine alikua amekuja kuomba lift akalenga luckily kutwist terminal ikaguruma gari mzee manual haizimikangi you only discover ukizima na ufunguo na unapata terminal iko nje kabisa

I have a vehicle somewhere that has a loose terminal. it never dies when engine is running ,but will often go dead when switched off. In my experience with manual and auto cars, a disconnected battery shouldnt stall the engine. Hiyo inakuwanga kazi ya alternator inafanya ikizimazima. you might even keep buying batteries na ni alternator inasumbua. Every time you buy a new battery, the engine will turn over very fast during first few starts. After that the turning becomes slower, but sufficient. few months down the line the battery dies if you operate radio. A few times the car might go off or jerk when in low gear. kama wewe si mjanja hutawahi jua ni alternator.

1 Like

A bad alternator would cause the car to jerk because of the intermittent flow of power. In modern cars this might make the computer to shutdown in order to protect itself from damage and thats why the car might go off and have all the lights in the dash come on. However, a loose terminal will not make the car go off since when the engine is running power used for firing and running most electrical components come directly from the alternator. For a 12v car the alternator can produce as much as 18v which is more than sufficient to charge the battery and run the car. This also provides for a cut-out in the the alternator to regulate the alternator voltage output to around 13v so as to prevent overcharging and damage to fuses and relays. Also remember that even overcharging can cause the vehicle to jerk, shutdown and behave in funny ways since the high voltage messes with the ecu

…the steering system ya gari works in coordination with a running engine…if the engine stops, the power steering inapotea na steering inakuwa ngumu kushinda ya bedford so if at a corner, u cant steer coz mpaka taa ya PS imewaka kwa dashboard…

…sure hajui but wacha ikufanyikie utakunja mkia sawasawa…

The car charges the battery while in operation. It does not care the state of the battery as long as the engine is running. It however checks voltage of battery and saves it from overcharging. Remove your car terminal when engine is idling and dispel your theory on loose terminal causing outage.

The only plausible explanation is that the terminal got so loose that the battery was not charging. At some point it made contact, drew too much power from the alternator affecting the main ECU. But for that to happen the car would not have started in the first place since it is impossible for the battery to drain while car is running. You had a loose battery, yes, but something is not 100% with your alternator too or your ECU developed a fault that cleared itself, terminal was just a coincidence, maybe…

The misus car shut down twice in the highway when it was brought in. Each time it restarted itself and has been good for six months since…battery terminal? No, there was no fault code, battery was aging though and was changed eventually after a few failures to start after she left the radion on for extended periods. Who knows!!.

1 Like

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: