Love him or hate him, you gotta admire Vladimir Putin

Putin is a real Machiavelli, his rise from a former KGB man, to deputy mayor of st Petersburg, to mayor, then quickly endearing himself to Moscow power brokers, his subsequent appointment as prime minister, vice president, and quickly becoming president. After clinching power, he caught Russia oligarchs by their balls, to sing his tune. He made them no who the boss is. The games he engineered of making his vice president, president but ceremonial since he was still the one pulling the strings. But his biggest MISTAKE, misstep in his political career, was annexing of Crimea, and supporting rebel groups in Ukraine. He underestimated the international community reaction, and exposed his country to severe sanctions and greatly damaged his relations with the west. However, 2016,he achieved the greatest accomplishment of his life time. He successfully manipulated the election of the greatest democracy in the world, and made his candidate of choice win. Putin is indubitably one of Russia’s greatest leaders after Stalin of course.

I couldn’t agree with you more.

For the same reason guys insulted mo1, but later said afadhali ziku zile za mo1, human nature my friend .

It s the same way Libyan and Iraqi guys say these days, they miss the times they had Gadaffi and Sadam… I even saw a documentary ,the guy who was in the group that brought down Sadam’ s statue , saying it was better if Sadam was still there.
Euphoria is the word I’m trying to explain here, everything was done in a euphoria kind of state of mind, without much thought of the bigger picture. Now the chaps have been belittled to living like rats, their eyes and minds have opened again and they see what they lost.

Don’t you know that documentaries are also scripted to achieve a desired story line? That’s why they are called documentary films.

Documentaries are shaped on paper and in the editing room.

As the director if you seek a certain, specific “truth” you will definitely find it. You don’t want the whole picture but just one element of the story, it’s very doable.

You just guide or lead the interviewees to the DESIRED answer.

For instance you first start by telling your interviewee that you are doing a documentary about the GOOD and the bad from the Saddam era. Was there any good compared to today’s “suffering”. Emphasize “suffering”.

So you’ve already prepared the interviewee mentally to give you what you want.

And you can’t ask : What do you think of Saddam and his rule?

That is a question that will give you all manner of answers, including answers you don’t want in your film.

Instead you lead the interviewee and ask : Wasn’t life better under Saddam? Everyone I have asked says life was better under Saddam. “Everyone” says there was food, security is this true? What do you think SIR? What do you really think?

Definitely that person while suffering short memory and definitely he’s heard you say that EVERYONE says Saddam was better, he will say exactly what you want him to say at that moment.

If you watch Al Jazeera documentary films you will never see one which criticizes Muslim countries or Muslim way of life. It’s always evil Israel and evil U.S. racist prisons.

Similarly with CNN, RTnews, BBC, Nat Geo, Discovery networks… kila mtu ako na his story, his agenda.

Even the Israelites when they were faced with a few problems in the desert they told Moses to take them back to Egypt… ati life was better back in Egypt…

Hata Mungu alibaki ameduwaa. He had just parted the Red Sea in front of their eyes but they still wouldn’t trust Him. They even started to worship idols…

I will use a word(s) you have used here : HUMAN NATURE.

It is human nature to forget. It is human nature to forget quickly and to complain.

Uhuru akiondoka hivi tutakuwa hapa saying, “Afadhali Uhuru na Ruto bana, hata kama waliiba, they was so much better… this new guy is a piece of…”

“Saddam jailed and killed my brother but at least we used to eat. Yes I was also jailed but… but but but…”

Medidev bado ako huko

Jamaa ako. But will always be the junior partner in their “Tandemocracy”.