Low Cost Housing...

mabati house can have steel or wooden support structure. in parts of dagoretti/riruta there are storeyed mabati structures. if you use box profile prepainted in steel tructure, the outcome will be quite good to look at. if you want a more stable income with less maintenance, less management headaches, then go for stone.

Now you’re taking…I want 2 storey mabati houses can i get photos or a contact to this effect

in terms of cost and nice smooth facade you can go also for light steel construction technology mainly used by elsek group,and its 30% cheaper compared to normal one. i once worked with these guys and i think they can help you out, check out their web for more info. http://www.elsekconstruction.com/index.html or simply call them:
[SIZE=4]KITENGELA, NAIVAS SHOPPING MALL , TEL:254 71 5- 500 -000[ATTACH=full]11112[/ATTACH][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4] [/SIZE]

2 Likes

And you can have a cardboard finishing inside very neat and decent

The only way to go low cost is to use mud. In terms of materials, anything else will cost you just as much as stone, but with reduced utility that will leave you at a disadvantage when competing with others. I would recommend using machine-cut stone. It builds faster, uses less materials, can be reused later, and houses can still be habitable without the need for plastering. Although using mabati may save you a few months in construction time, you may have to charge lower rates later to attract tenants. Often, mabati houses rank at the bottom in terms of comfort, even lower than mud houses. In a mabati house, a bachelor would not have you as a neighbor for longer than one night!

1 Like

With such a budget I’d advise you to go for container housing.
•A standard 40ft container will cost shs 300,000
•Instead of a concrete slab, you should use 5N/mm compressive strength foundation masonry stones and 300 mm hardcore to support the container over compacted ground
•To clad the rugged exterior side of the container, use all weather 12mm MgO boards.
•On the inside, the container will be cladded with aerolite insulation, which is very effective in the subsaharan climate
•To save on costs, the doors will be made from sheets cut from the container openings.
•Due to the humid coastal climate, the window openings should be huge, with aluminum frames which cost shs 5500 each and 3mm tinted casement windows at a cost of shs 700 per sqmetre
•Ultimate cost is shs 500,000-650,000 per container

I recently did a container project for a client in Rongai. Close to 70 commercial stalls at a cost of shs 12m on 1/2 acre plot of land (4 stalls per 40ft container). They were fully booked before completion. Returns were close to 600k per month minus cost of leasing the land, which is 200k per month. He makes shs 400k per month. and the good thing is…containers are reselleable, even as complete housing units. So make money over time, sell them and put up permanant masonry stone buildings.

1 Like

Kweli Ktalk iko juu. Some of the points in this post should not be free. Points from a4arcitect, Cantilever and Bus should cost an arm. @Female Perspective patia Cantilever hio contract.

2 Likes

Sorry…I meant sub-saharan climate