Lower class

It follows therefore that your basic degree is not a life sentence. You basically have the minimum requirement to enrol in any program. Is that not the reason you went to school in the first place?

Let’s clarify to the OP first (disclaimer, hii Ni ya zamani huko Eger):

You to have a cumulative grade average for all courses taken from first year to final year. There were minimum credits you could take per year (too lazy to Google that). You also had core units and electives, you had to pass all the core units but could substitute electives if you thought they didn’t suite you. At Eger, all work counted right from first year to the final year, it was nothing like that you specialized in undergraduate and your grades counted after specialization, all work both core and non-core counted.

Now that I have given you the background: let me give you the grading cumulatively once you complete your undergraduate programs:

70% First Class honours
Btwn 60% and 69.9% Second Class Honours Upper Division.
Btwn 50% and 59.9% Second Lower division
Btwn 40% and 49% Pass
Below 40% No graduation.

Notice that the first two were ‘with honours’. Getting a first class at Eger was so rare that only the best of the best would get it. These are Jamaas that I respect. Extremely good brains. Unfortunately, I’m not one of them!

I’m Kenya, the culture is that if you don’t have a non-honours degree, you have to ‘work’ for two years before you ‘earn’ the respect to do an advanced degree. I don’t agree with that policy!