Loyalty

Mheshimiwa, niruhusu nikujuze kuwa mvinyo/pombe/mtindi/tembo halina mtaalamu, hodari, ngwiji wala bingwa! Hakuna aliyebobea kwenye ulevi! Njoohi ndīrī mwarimū!!!

Pombe hukuangusha wakati umejiamini sana, and when you are thinking that you are in control, itakuaibisha ukabaki na mayai usoni, kama si kwenye matako!!!

For people like me and many others, drinking is a slippery slope. There is nothing like discipline. You either drink, or you don’t. Alcohol is an addictive substance so drinking with discipline is not a reality. The fact is you will build tolerance.

I bet you started with 2 double shots or one. You are building tolerance slowly and you wouldn’t even know it. As someone put it above, pombe haina bingwa. Keep lying to yourself.

I noticed zile pesa mtu huokoa hata sio from the alcohol itself juu hata ukizihesabu haziwezi fanya anything important if you drink regular beer (hii ndio reason walevi hutumia kulewa wanauliza zile pesa umesave ulipeleka wapi), it is from the increased output and absence of wasted days. Nikilewa ilikuwa 100% guaranteed nitawaste the next day yote na hangover. Now, drink twice per week and that’s two solid days wasted nursing hangovers.

Those who first think that they are in control of alcohol are the ones who eventually become worst abusers when they realize that they never were in control whatsoever! That’s after they try not to go have those 4 tots only to realize that they won’t sleep without those tots, and more!

True. Eight years back two beers would have me wobbly. Two years ago, I would drown 8 beers and walk in a straight line. I had built tolerance over the course of six years. Nowadays tolerance imepungua sana I can’t finish 4 beers as I discovered on Christmas Eve. The tolerance is reversible, but the wasted time/opportunities aren’t.

Yes, i started with regular beer. But the point is this, it takes time for your body to breakdown alcohol. So if u space your drinks accordingly, u can delay the onset of torelance by far. By the way, do u drink to get buzzed and feel ‘light’ or to get wasted and pass out? Hapo ndio difference iko.

I wouldn’t quit my delicious single malt scotch even for all the money in the world. I have been drinking for the last 8 years na sijawahi kua involved in some of the shitty escapades za ulevi that i often read here. Nor have i ever spend more than 20K per month on drinks, my personal investments are doing just fine. Hii maisha ni kujipanga my friend!

It really depends on why you are drinking in the first place. Shida ya watu wengi huanza na ku substitute boredom, loneliness na laziness with alcohol. U lose direction. Unajipata unaanza kuenda weekdays kwa bar, or whenever u are stressed. Alcohol just like any other guilty pleasure in life like a luxury vacation is best enjoyed in moderation or as a reward token for your efforts. And the few times u will indulge in it, you will savour every last drop of it, with zero regrets. Trust me.

How do you compare with your peers who are teetotalers? By peers I mean people who do the same economic activities that you do i.e your day job.

Congratulations!
Finally, alcohol meets a conqueror!
As a fan of you, I would suggest you quit now when you can, seeing that you can, since you are in control. Ng’enda thī ndīagaga mūtegi!

Some are teetotalers but are struggling with an array of bad financial decisions which even erases any ‘benefits’ or ‘progress’ that they would have made by quiting the bottle. For instance, mmoja amebuy gari na loan at almost twice the cash price, i bought mine all cash so i dont have monthly payments etc.

I am a bachelor with a sizable disposable income while some already wako na watoto watatu, still renting, zero investments.

I have a side business besides my day job - almost all my peers dont have such.

In short, hii maisha huwezi compare progress na the amount someone spends in the bar. I may make 100k spend 30k on alcohol, wewe utengeneze 40k and spend zero…who is the winner at the end of the day?

The winner is the person who earns 100k and spends zero on alcohol. Simply put, the winner is a better version of yourself. Jishinde ushinde.

Kwa mtu kama mimi nilikua nakunywa 12k per week/weekend, hio pesa naona sahii inaenda kwa nitty gritties za familia and the difference is quite big. But the one you mentioned of wasting days nursing hangovers ndio upuus kabisa. 2or 3 days of the week wasted kabisa

Life is not all about making loads of cash and banking them then drink milk on a slow saturday night ukijiambia ati u are better person sijui nini. Hio pesa utakufa uiwache papa hapa
Spice your life abit bwana, go to the beach with a bottle of scotch or a six pack of beer and feel the waves or go listen to thumping music in a club watching young girls gyrate while nursing your favorite drink, get lucky with one of them etc. After all, you only live once.

The only way u can spend 12k per sitting ni ati ulikua unaenda kubuyia watu pombe. Bad bad move. In my circle, kila mtu buys their own drinks na ule kunguru umekuja na yeye, no hangers on. Kama huna pesa usikuje kwa table yetu, everyone knows this, everyone respects this. We are there to have fun. Simple.

There are 1000 ways to enjoy life, only that alcohol takes more than it gives. I am all for vacations and mountain climbing etc. Those are great experiences which can be done without alcohol. You can still bed women outside a bar by the way. Sober women.

Amesema per weekend, sio per sitting. Maybe he has expensive taste and a high maintenance gf. Maybe anabuy Remy Martin 8500, and maybe a few cheap drinks+nyama choma. It is very easy to spend 12k without buying for joyriders if your taste is expensive.

They can be done without alcohol, but alcohol makes them much much better. I remember one of my best vacays involved lounging in diani bidi badu beach bar in a blazing hot afternoon after a heavy meal with a cigar and some smooth glenmorangie scotch, tropical music in the background. Totally awesome. Imagine ningekua ati nimesubstitute na orange juice???! But like i said, its for guys who know what they are doing and how to earn what they really crave for.

I always have and do this and Without a single sip of alcohol!