M-Pesa no longer safe

Kenyans we are a rotten lot. Even people with jobs don’t have satisfaction. They have to try all means to steal.
This greed has really brought Kenya down, so so low. Gone are the days when you could calm tell a foreigner you’re from Kenya proudly.

Stop lying Soge king

The Mpesa/Safaricom bubble is about burst. We’re about to witness a massive data spillage. It’s no secret.
Y’all ain’t seen sh;t.
Self-destruction loading.

How do I know this? Well, it doesn’t matter.

Brotherman… go check on something called sms spoofing then youl realise no man used your phone yet your number was used to send fake msgs as stated… I can basically call or text anyone with your number and thats it. dont blame them blame the technology the thieves are advancing wanaingia phd sasa. mtapata tabu sana

Received a similar call from some idiot informing me that my line has double registration, fortunately the line of questioning he adopted which questions I wasn’t answering gave him away. When I demanded to know the other person with the same line number he switched of the phone.

Received a call feom a no. Like 0720350000 and the message was like ‘huduma hii iko kwa lugha ya kingereza bonyeza moja upokee ujube…’ i told him to fuck off and left it for him to end it from his end when he would feel like

I once asked on this forum how safe is the data mobile loan applicants are being asked to give to mobile loan companies eg Tala, Branch and others.
Knowing Kenyans penchant for stupidity and ignorance, you will find a person using a single password on all those platforms which effectively lends one a sitting duck.
The regulators are sleeping on the job,Tala and Branch supposedly evaluate the value of loan you qualify for based on your Mpesa transactions.
Honestly, how stupid can it get?

Don’t be a dick. If I lose even 50 shillings to fraudsters I will complain. It’s not about the money; it’s about the fraud that is happening.

That’s the effect of new money. Suddenly you want to shout from the rooftop na kutukana ma - soldier.

So that explains how cash from my mpesa got lost??

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/07/21/safaricom-staff-jkuat-student-arrested-over-sim-card-fraud_c1790631

At what stage is Telkom ke with it’s version of Mpesa app?

They swapped my lipa na mpesa biz line, was called by safcon to confirm whether everything is ok…they called again and again days later. Then i got curious and asked them what is…ndio nkaambiwa kuna fraudsters on the loose and that my line has been blah blah registered in a county in the farthest corner of the country…luckily the till number is only used for sms confirmation…na hapo ndio my billions ziliponea

Courtesy of @Meria Mata News Network aka Nyakundi @ogooti
[ATTACH=full]185021[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]185022[/ATTACH]

We are quickly becoming vulnerable

yes plus mpesa employees on the go

FOH with your 1KB knowledge

One thing we should learn is any networked tech can be hacked. So hii mambo ya kutrust wakina safcon 100% ni mistake.

hehe Dimwit idiot unaibiwa pesa ka mtoto… we ndio umeenda loss sio mimi…

Pesa imeenda find a way to get another one matusi haisaidii hehehe