majengo

Kuna waswahili mwitu wengi sana hapo Majengo ya Nairobi. So many vaites, Kyuks, kaos and Lunjes pretending to be coastals.

50 Bob whore nite

Funny thing is how, they dump their ethnic names for their slave masters name, imagine a coal black man being called Abubakar Ali?

Kwani mswahili anafaa kukaa aje? Being Arab and Bantu descendants, isn’t it logical that some heavy melanin genetics should be passed down the lineage?

Point of Correction: Swahilis are not a by-product of intermarriage between Arabs and Africans. That nonsense that was spewed by the white folk and which has been retained in our textbooks as a result of being led by non-thinking leaders

So where did they come from?

Swahilis are just Swahilis, just like Kikuyus are just Kikuyus and Digos are just Digos. They were there before the Arabs came and taht is why they were called by the Arabs “Swahili” which meant “People of the Coast”. They found these people living at the coast

The vast majority of Swahilis are as black as coal. However, there are those who intermarried with arabs (the likes of Joho) and these are those who are highlighted due to the black man inferiority complex coupled with the White man blacks-are-too-dumb-to-think narrative. In addition, we have the to be muslim is to become arab and to be Arab is to be civilized, hence the term “Staarabu”: to be come arab-like

I will dispute your assertion on the strength of the fact that Swahili language is a mixture of Bantu and Arabic words. it would have it’s own distinct vocabulary if it predated the clash of the Bantu and Arabic cultures. I rest.

The Swahili language is not a mixture of Bantu and Arabic words. It is a Bantu language with many loanwords from different languages including Arabic, English, Portuguese and other African languages. The reason why Arabic is dominant is because the more “learned” a person became, the more he wanted to use Arabic words in place of Swahili words. So you would have people say “Tisa” rather than “Kenda”. And you must remember, it is teh narrative of those who write that sticks.

Think for a minute, how can one tribe intermarry with another tribe to produce a new tribe and a new language? Just THINK. And how did the intermarriage take place? Did all MALE arabs marry female AFRICANS in Lamu, Mombasa and Zanzibar and just by chance the new language was so perfectly aligned including the rule sof grammar and vocabulary? And then whom did the men marry after that? (It’s common sense that the MALE africans could not marry the FEMALE ARABS.)

You nitpicked from my statement, I am miffed by a coal black African discarding his ethnic name(part of his ethnic identity). For a name that originates from the Slave traders.

Majengo ya Joe Mwenda. Ni impossible kupata online.

@Bingwa Scrotum alienda wapi? Amenyamaza sana ama alikufa pale dusit

Makes a lot of sense. I have always wondered how Bantu + Arabic = Swahili …no sense at all.
Actually Swahili borrows from a lot of languages including Indian

It’s not a mixture. Swahili was being spoken as early as the 3rd century AD around the area in Lamu. Back then it was known as Kingozi and as it moved further south it became more arabic. Even the people of Lamu today have that Kingozi accent. The oldest Swahili poems in Lamu use kingozi though written in the Arabic script.

nikumbushe ni ya nani…

hehe this looks like something I should try

Sikumbuki jina yake.