male circumcision and HIV infection

Sawa kipii

that is why nilisema ni hypotheses, others have contradictory hypotheses, eg this below on a US government website

[ATTACH=full]250245[/ATTACH]

Langerhans cells limit HIV invasion - PMC

:smiley:

This topic is always a mine field. Just like many other fields, this is a topic that is proun to serious confounding, which can dilute the quality of any finding. Personally, I don’t regret being circumcised

So you remove white mututu from your kànyui every morning?

There is nothing wrong with being circumcised, any male has the right to do so. What is wrong is using some stupid reason to justify it and to hate on those who choose not to. It’s just like religion, if you want to believe in Allah, or Mulungu or Asis or Budha, Yawheh and the thousands of the other gods, just do so. Lakini don’t disrespect those who dont believe in your gods

I don’t know what Mututu and kanyui are, you dont know their English and Kiswahili translations?

I agree with this fully. Circumcision has always been a cultural thing. The medical angle came later which may be suspect. Still, I don’t hate those who don’t do it. I would not encourage it. It’s their choice.

I am truly shocked that in this day and age anybody can question the prophylactic benefits of circumcision in protecting against HIV infection. Guys, the fact is, circumcision reduces infection for the male partner by up to 70% ASSUMING HE DOES NOT HAVE OTHER PREDISPOSING FACTORS SUCH AS STDS. Research for this was done right here in Nyanza.

One may want to engage in all the BS arguments they want, but there is a reason why HIV prevalence in Migori is 27% and in Nyandarwa less than 2 per cent. Other factors are in play, BUT circumcision is the MAJOR consideration.

Which raises the question, why is education lost on some Africans?

So why is the rate of HIV highest in South Africa and Eswatini yet they have been practising circumcision since time immemorial?

Hiyo sweep Migunax2 alikuwa na comeback kweli?

But how? Ukikula dem ana AIDS raw utapatwa tu whether you are circumcised or not. I’ve followed this thread na sijaona mahali mnaongelea how it stops or rather reduces infection.

Continue burying your head in sand.