Manual vs automatic

Aah for a moment I had forgotten that for the men two things you don’t insult are their toys and mothers

Hehehe.
Steptronic with Heel Assist.

14 Likes

Manual anyday anywhere

Genius!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D you’ve made my night.

Though I drive auto my heart belongs to manual, driving manual forces you to pay attention to driving and you get more power out of a manual transmission.

1 Like

siku hizi the major reason i love manual cars is hawa watu wa kuomba Gari never bother you again once you mention it has a stick!!!

5 Likes

Hii swali ya speed ni ya senji. Nimefungua nikingoja fuel economy na durability na vitu kama hizo.

And like we mentioned before thieves and petty thugs like mzee mjinga won’t look at your car twice if it’s a manual.

1 Like

sema Tu ukiwa Na manual bibi anakaa lane yake Na the mighty Mazda carol

2 Likes

:D:D:D:D

Manuals consume less compared to autos. Manuals are also preferred on the highway as they “pick” better. Autos are however preferred in our heavy city traffic as you don’t have to keep on balancing but have a difficulty on the highway especially when overtaking uphill.

1 Like

Manual superiority mostly depends on the ability of the driver. For town drive and stop and go traffic, automatic is clearly better. For highways and winding country roads, manual can be a joy. Over the years, automatic transmissions have vastly improved and are as efficient, if not more efficient than manual.

These days, there are varied transmissions which can be considered a hybrid between manual and automatic, for example the dual clutch system which alternates the shifting of gears on two clutches (for example, Volkswagen GTI DSG).

There are also continuous variable transmission (CVT) which is always changing and never in a specific gear to assist in smooth transisioning and fuel economy.

With the advance of the automotive industry, there are so many transmission options out there that manual and auto is not really black an white.

But for the purists, real drivers use three pedals, ama namna gani?

2 Likes

No

No! Pure manual would be too slow. They are either sequential or semi auto. Rally drivers need to anticipate. A pure automatic gearbox cant anticipate a coming hairpin so would be slow to gear down as the driver begins to brake. But is pure straight ahead acceleration they are just as good if not better.

For everyday town use it is ridiculous to go for a manual. For those who do long distance, you can enjoy some old school driving with manuals. Manuals will soon be very rare options.

1 Like

Responsible people who drive a stick shift are actually better drivers. Cars these days are so easy to drive, people forget easily just how dangerous a weapon a car can be. Give’s them more time to spend time behind the wheel on their fucking hand held devices that they can’t put down for 3 seconds.

2 Likes

I once let the missus try her hand after constant noise ati i don’t believe in her, alishuka na kupanda mlima with gear two gari ikahema hadi gasket ika ungua…from that day onwards she became content with her demio

1 Like

thika road has the most statistics of accidents caused by drivers who were chatting,calling or texting while on the wheel

In Nairobi CBD - auto juu ya traffic. Long distance - Kijiti mzeia.