Manufacturing In Kenya

Wewe watch hio video uskie hata story ya Kuguru na soda yake ya Softa.

Uskie vile Kenya kunaendaga. Then pass by S.K Macharia’s office and ask him what it means to be an industrialist in Kenya. Kama sio Kibaki, S.K Macharia would be a broke and long forgotten fellow.

Is this true? I didn’t know that!

Good thinking man

the opportunities are enormous for plastic injection molding
What you will be working on ni molds tu za new products

Gatheca hawana interest na wakulima wadogo…
but ukijulikana you can buy people in power

which one have you encountered ?

very nice but the elephant in the room is usually not the machinery but too many licences and cost of power. process of licences is hectic and too pricey for a new entrant, also market entry is not straight forward,some regulations are meant to lock you out, some supermarkets wana insist uwe eu compliant unless you plan to sell in neighbourhood kiosks.

Buda boss not so long ago many small farmers all over Kenya used to sell milk from their homes. Wakulima,wadogo.

The law was passed sijui that milk is dirty, no more HAWKING of milk, do not keep cows in the estates… kidogo kidogo arose the company today called BROOKSIDE!!!

Juzi tu, some guys came up with the idea of milk booths from China to help farmers. Si wote waliambiwa hio maziwa sijui ni chafu, sijui it is not tested…no more milk booths. :D:D:D:D

Kenya ina wenyewe. Some poor guys,tried to set up gambling booths from China uliona vile kulienda?

Ati they are promoting gambling and crime in society, yet hizi kubwa hazikuguzwa. Juu zina wenyewe.

Unless you want to start with big stores like Tuskeys,
But those ones are a not for a starter… local stores are the way to go to establish a foot hold
Some are shitty , they want to pay you after 90 days, which is not wise coz hauna cash flow ya sustaining supply and keeping such in freeze

You’re looking for bubbles… You don’t become rich overnight that easily.

Nimefika Kariobangi North Light Industry. Those guys operate in the darkness na ata hawana license. Wanapeana tu kidogo za macho.

You would be suprised most of the expensive whisky uptown middle class brag about drinking is fake.

Ata mimi hufanya concontion yangu ya Jameson napatia Kunguru wanakunywa wanadhani ni the real deal.

True , i have been there too…
kwanza these wheat products kama “kdf” you see being distributed kwa shops in the morning…
i talked to a boda guy who picks and distributes to the shops… he told the owners of the bakeries are millionaires

In kiswahili its said kupigwa na butwaa hehehe

I have not seen that butwaa mpaka wa leo

Some people are already doing it, najaribu kuwachanua mnaona tu Gatheca…
Gatheca will be gone in 2 years time

Ala, didnt know that…so hii mashini nikileta hakuna kulipa ushuru?

His family and their business associates will be here to stay for much longer.

Nikitaka kisiagi inasiaga very fine flour (grade 1) how much will it cost me?
Am thinking about something, since in theriods like these the basics continue to make good business, even when markets for luxury products is collapsing

Good thread btw. Is there anything on fertilizer production especially industrial production of organic fertilizer? IMHO fertilizer production needs to be the cornerstone of manufacturing in Kenya. Not assembly of overpriced cars

awesome idea, kisiagi hata unanunua Kariobangi light industries…
watakutengenezea and fit…

You look for nice packing bags… hata unafungua base ya distribution kama duka hivi… minimal licences