Masaibu ya DSTV. Is there any DSTV subscriber with the same experience?

inaitwa “digital cliff” effect google usome

interesting, i thought i was the only one, discovery, CNN, SS1, SS3,SS6 and action, they randomly hang with an error no signal or not running at the current time. very frustrated about this, actually planning to pay them a visit about this

following keenly

Have a technician maximize that signal, i suspect dish has moved slightly esp kuinama. If don’t solve change lnb to a better one.

There’s another factor, have there been constructions around where your installation ?

No construction around the area. Signal quality is 80%. Strength is 100%

@Okiya i feel that if you had implemented all the advice(s) you have received here you would be 50K out of pocket and counting. i assume by now you have fired off an e-mail to DSTV in an effort to eliminating a signal source problem before you start interfering with the equipment on the ground. my thoughts are informed by the fact that the problem could be originating from the orientation of the uplink and downlink satellites during the problem hours. once DSTV rules out a problem on their end you can now then start chokoraring your ground equipment…

T

They do not usually affect Ku band

Even though you know it as one package, the truth is they transmit that package or bouquet in different Tps or frequencies. Some are more susceptible to interference than others.

Those who have tried FTA will tell you the troubles we’ve had in the past stabilizing all Tps on IS-20 C-band especially at night and on a smaller 6’ pf dish. Sometimes, even different channels within the same frequency are affected differently.

Edit: with the launch of Eutelsat 36C recently, DiShThieVes had intended to lease space on that sat. Not sure if this has happened but in case it has, this may result in some of what our fellow talkers are experiencing.

Not quite.

A bigger dish is the surest way to weather-proof your installation and compensate for imperfections in the set-up. As petrol heads are wont to say, there’s no substitute for displacement.:slight_smile:

Lucky you. This usually is one of the surest ways of frying your decoder/LNB/DiSEqC switch.

50k? What for? A standard new 120-130cm offset dish is about 6.5k and a good quality offset LNB 2k. RG-6 Astel cable about 25-35bob per meter and F-connectors 10bob apiece.

my point was that the sum of all the try this try thats that he had received at that point would have come to that if he had chosen to DIY on trial and error.

Hehe…the point however is that the dish size they give you is not necessarily the best, it’s just the least expensive they can get away with.

This sounds interesting. I get the same issue as if it was raining usually on the local channels and one or two sports channels, Citizen can get really really annoying. BUTTTTTTTT,

Same thing is happening with Zuku! Zuku is on fibre, so how come the “scratching” phenomenon is in both of them? Something does not add up and i am doubtful it is the equipment, BNLs, dishes or things like those…

Thanks @Luther12 and everyone. I will join team FTA nikimaliza kujenga pigsty. Sahii nikiweka izo satellite kubwa kwa hii flat yetu zitaobstruct majirani

I’ve noted one thing daktari @Luther12 anawaambia ukweli but being the kenyans in us tunapuuza then you end up kulia lia na thread aziishi. LEARN TO LISTEN then act. Not vice-versa.

Jana DSTV guys called me (they have been calling me monthly since March), to find out how my experience with DSTV is . I explained to them this problem and Alas! kufika kwa hao my DSTV is perfect!

I bet

I need to call them too.

0709-926-000