Matatu Investors Saidieni Hapa

School transport hapana. If it was profitable, the schools would buy vans to cut that cost. Ni same tu na Uber…why doesn’t Uber have it’s own cars??

hata hio is too much. since it means kabla ianze kazi utakuwa umetumia over 2m

:D:D:D:D:D NOMA

Ukinunua 1.6…uweke viti na ndani (100k, sacco 100k, Insurance 100k na Miscellaneous 100k)…utatumia maximum ya 2 million ikuwe kwa barabara in my estimation.

Follow your heart. There’s no ‘one size fits all’ in business. You might get in with a different approach that gets you success where others have failed.
As I said in an earlier thread, I no longer seek investment advice from people, I do what looks sensible to me.

Sijaona kama umeweka allocation ya mungich kwa hesabu.

Hii biashara can either make or break you. Kuna jamaa rafiki yangu alikuwa na pub pesa ikakuwa mzuri akanunua hizi 33 seater. Hiyo mat imemtenda mpaka pub amefunga, saa hii ako MIA nimetafuta yeye haonekani.

Thanks man. I second you on that. That is why in the thread I was asking about the monthly returns of a petrol box…not whether I want to get into the business or not. I appreciate the advice

Aliuziwa mpya? Probably not. Ukiuziwa 33 seater second hand ianze shida za engine si itakusotesha. In my opinion, Matatu is a major investment so you should never compromise…lazima ununue kitu brand new, no excuses.

And so far what sensible thing have you done where you didn’t seek advice?

You should look for a sacco especially those for upcountry routes where they will manage the vehicle for you, you will be getting a certain fixed amount from them daily/ weekly but maintenance and servicing will be your responsibility

mbichi kabisa,lakini noma ilianza after imegonga mtu hapo Ngara kutoka hapo ni masaibu juu ya masaibu. Kijana ameuza mpaka personal car.

Rephrase your question, the way you have put it am unwilling to answer it.

if you are convinced that you will get into the matatu business just get into it. what talkers here are trying to tell you is that the biz has got so many negatives so you had better know of them early. no one is saying that there are no success stories in the matatu business but also there are more sad stories than in any other business i have heard of.

The heart is not so smart Mr. Mathice, wide consultation ni muhimu but the final decision should be entirely yours

Mat ikigonga mtu shida ni kwa dereva sio mwenye matatu.

What good investment choices have you made where you didnt rely on anyone for advice.?

Hehehe. Ati shida kwa dereva.

wacha yako igonge mtu ndio utajua

Yeah. If he was authorized to drive, the legal burden is entirely on him. Huwezi fungwa juu ya makosa ya dereva…but utafungwa juu ya makosa ya gari, juu gari ndiyo yako