Mau Mau: Black My Story

The colonialists were here to stay due to the favourable climate. They even planned to bring diaspora Jews to come and settle here.

They wanted to bring Jews to western Uganda. The Jews refused as it would separate them the holy Land

Wewe @digi unathani hii ni hekaya? Nani alikuroga?

great stuff @Meria Mata …lakini iko swali :

did the MAU MAU try to seek outside help like the ethiopians , who had russian support chini ya maji … and did they also reach out to other kenyan tribes to unite and fight the colonialists ?

below , a picture related to the topic …sande sana !

[ATTACH=full]249964[/ATTACH]

I think it was difficult owing the surveillance mechanism deployed by wabeberu ( home guàrds were there). Inter community communication was difficult. The geographical promixity between the GEMA communities made work a bit light. Still, you couldn’t trust anyone

So it’s Kenya’s fault that he died without enough land?

Ever heard about hardwork?

To you maybe. In my village,the trenches dug by villagers to stop the Mau Mau under the direction of colonialist still exist.
Constant reminder that this ‘freedom’ cost everything…why niggas play around with it I do not know

From Historia ya wakenya.
After the end of WW1 in 1918, the UK economy was on its knees and industries needed time to breath again.

The British government, having no need for massive armed forces manpower in peacetime, proceeded to release hundreds of thousands of its soldiers from the military.

But London was also worried by the threat of massive unemployment for its former soldiers. So any arrangement in the colonies that could absorb them into some sort of gainful preoccupation was seriously considered.
Thus the government embarked on an aggressive campaign to promote British settlement in Kenya.
At that time, majority of Europeans in Kenya were actually British South Africans. Many of them, not happy with the 3-year Anglo-Boer in South Africa, poured into then East Africa Protectorate - the Uasin Gishu plateau and Trans Nzoia areas in particular, for settlement.
Official records in 1905 showed that at least 700 of the close to 1,000 Europeans in the Protectorate were from South Africa.
So the so-called White Highlands were essentially white South African farmlands in a British colony.

There is just one thing that predisposed us to being molested by beberus …[SIZE=5]inter tribe hositlity[/SIZE]…, africans were hostile to each other even before the colonialists came
…If the different tribes communicated in some way , getting reinforcements & intelligence from other tribes would have been easier …
Africans are each other’s enemies…

Alafu utapata shoshte flani zikisema ati freedom was solely attained by negotiating with the Beberus. Yes, that played a part in preventing matters escalating but kama si sacrifice ya Mau Mau, tungepata independence in the 80’s kama Zim.