Memorable set books (good reads) from 8-4-4

Top three are
Kifo kisimani
Merchant of venice
Mayai waziri wa maradhi
[ATTACH=full]260442[/ATTACH]

The river between and half a day and other stories were pretty fine.

Half A Day was really good. Anyone knows where I can get a soft copy? I’ve been wanting to re-read it for the longest time.

Shreds or tenderness was good,
loved An enemy of the people,
The river between.

Mimi mwisho wa kosa na coming to birth ndio zilifanya I performed poorly I had C in English na C+ in Kiswahili.
Nilifanya KCSE kama sijafaliza mwisho wa kosa nilifika page 132. Mwongozo ndio zilinisaidia.
Kwanza pale kwa eleza muktadha hapo walikuwa wamenishika makende singejitoa.

Odie: wak go slow on the tissue paper.

Rex and sex for a man of taste.Kaija is all i remember in that storybook

Kutoka form 3 ulikuwa wapi ndio hukuwa umemaliza kitabu?

Nilikuwa street boy nilikuwa nimeacha shule halafu nikarudi baada maisha kuanza kunikula. It was tough huko kwa street ilibidi nikunje mkia nirudi.

8-4-4 is cool. It just needs some minor additions,ir shouldn’t be totally done away with.

Leta hekaya in bits since najua Ni mob

Shakespeare ako kwa class yake tuu

I did Romeo and Juliet

Got so fascinated by him mpaka I read seven of his works

Julius Caesar and merchant of Venice Ni mama Yao

ION…8-4-4 wasn’t a bad idea…It’s just people hated moi and anything associated with him

It’s almost similar to what we are introducing now CBC

90% of all candidates whom we did class 8 never proceeded to secondary school but had skills to get them through
My friend Musa became a carpenter…mpaka sahii Ndio inamlisha yeye Na watoto wake

Another chick became a music teacher Na hiyo masomo ya class eight…she used to teach thika school for the blind and the then thika municipal council …she was 17,akianza kufunza

1. Ken Waliboras Siku Njema, because the guy used a local setting that you could easily follow. He talks about towns that you know, towns that you have been to and that made me associate with it better.

2. The Animal Farm. The best book regarding African politics.

3. Things Fall Apart. Has some of the best African sayings.

4. Half a Day and other Short Stories. Very hidden messages in those short stories.

I remember Primary English. They had very nice stories… way from lower primary.

River and the source
Siku njema
"Going down river road " by mejja mwangi…though not a set book .that guy must have been a talker in his last life.mashida amepitia nazionanga hapa kwa hekaya.

Honey mine boy was super. I still read it somehow, I love change. It was relatable, the one you love don’t love you back, she who loves you, you have no feelings for her.
River and the source was based on feminist girlchild bullshit, none of male characters was developed apart from tony to serve an agenda.

Kusadikika
Masaibu ya ndugu Jero
Romeo and Juliet
The Concubine
Anthology

( Only a few Talkers can relate. Wengi wenyu ata futhi hazikuwa zimemea)

I can relate. Include African Short Stories, Mashetani and Kisima cha Giningi then my set books list is complete.

The concubine by Elechi Amadi i found it in the school’s senior library during the orientation week and read it. One of my best reads.

African Short Stories. Had some interesting and sad stories. Weekend of Carousal, A tender crop, In the cutting of a drink, Resurrection etc. There was a short story in that book called Lexicographicide that was too complex to understand. There were some funny stories like Truly Married Woman, Ding Dong Bell and In the Cutting of a Drink.