Merry Go Round Accident on Kiambu Road....

I have ALWAYS “shukud” the Kenyan version of these things.

Long ago in class 8 I passed by a place called “Free Mark” to buy some clothing (those old enough will remember Free Mark) just there at Uhuru Park. One of these things was going round and round but the squeaking I could here was out of this world.

I wonder who checks their safety and what the standards really are. Vitu za kujengwa kwa mawelder wa baro alafu unaweka tu mtoi bila kukagua engineering condition ni ufala.

Gets to me when a guy gets hurt, most when a kid is involved… Pole sana.

ION sikujua yaitwa bembea, reminds me of some old taarab song(are they called songs @Meria Mata ?) goes loosely as ‘bembea eeeee yesu bembea eee …’

I’d never put my kid on one of these contraptions, all built by welders (off sketches or photos) with no engineering background. No stress tests, no pre and post use inspections, and probably operated with minimal supervesion.

This one probably had a skewed load distribution and centrifugal forces did the rest.

Hopefully the kids will be OK after treatment. Question is: are these parks insured properly?

Hee, you wife is courageous, my kids will be allowed on that thing and all those others that spin when they are living in their own houses

Kiswahili kimekupiga chenga my friend

@Lucern, now that you are a senior villager, avoid petty, worthless interjections. What the fvck does it matter who has children?

I always view these things as an accident waiting to happen. The maintenance is none or absolute shit.

Hiyo place iko nai ama Kiambu

Kiambu Road behind Quickmart Supermarket.

[ATTACH=full]141536[/ATTACH]
Yall talking like in Dec your kids ain gone be riding this things …
[ATTACH=full]141537[/ATTACH]

No wonder you carry a flag as the most ignored. Aren’t you the same fool who called my avatar to be animal feed yet you are 56yr old?don’t pick on me old cunt. Get busy

Si kila comment hiwa sweep, zingine ni reality check or rather unaambiwa ukweli kama what @Nattydread told you

On friday hapo Garden city I saw one without any safety belt and kids as young as 5 seated alone on metallic bench like seats , granted, it wasn’t moving fast but still…

By the way, huyo mtz was freemark alienda wapi?

hehe no idea

Last time I was on a merry go round was in 99 Nairobi ASK show ground.

Years back there was an accident in one of these ‘parks’. A kid got badly injured in a water slide. I don’t quite recall how the case panned out but I recall asking myself then, as now, “Do we have standards in these things? Who enforces them? How often is routine safety inspection done?” Pole kwa walioumia.