Mheshima Mbunge Mpig

Non of the money they give out is their hard earned cash it is purely easily embezzled public funds like from the CDF development kity. In fact they steal more and give out less.

na mrogi akaenda wa?

I know of mps who don’t give hand outs at all but their development records ensures they get re-elected.

What happened to the law banning Harambees by public /state officers?

Nitaita MaliiyaMungu akufanyie ile kitu anafanyanga

That’s Mithamo Muchiri’s handwriting, A jubilee sycophant!

It is worse for the MCAs that’s why most are now very poor than they were even before vying

If they concentrate on development and making systems efficient, there will be no one to look for handouts.
Instead they loot all projects and initiate white elephant projects.

We have known the excuse since time immemorial, some use that as an excuse but never attend such functions, they only attend a selected few which obviously have a trickle back effect to them. They don’t respond positively to all the invites. Having said that, the culture of mwananchi depending on freebies, harambees, and other handouts should slowly start being demonized.
An MP, Kanjora.Gavana are supposed to push for a piece of the national cake and take development to the grassroots. Some of these leaders are already doing so and amidst all the politics we are at least seeing some counties start to develop.
So this issue of using mwananchi as a scapegoat so that the MPs can continue lumping allowances on themselves is a non-issue, it should not arise at all at any discussion. Central governement should be pushed to devolve the funds of course according to county population, from where MPs can push for developments, prioritizing the most urgent projects first.
Contributing at a function should be self-driven,the constituent should be

Thank you sir. I honestly think you are one of the few pillars of intelligence here.

Having said that, let me tell you a story. Believe it or not not, I have vied for an MP’s seat. I had come from a blue-chip company at the time and thought I should go mashinani to make a difference.

In all my working years, I had never seen the greed I saw in the electorate when I vied. At just 37, I was expected to repair roads, attend all church harambees (about 15 per Sunday), funerals, marriages, cd launches, hospital bills, you name it.

I lost a cool Sh5m in six months and didn’t get elected. I was no.3 out of 20.

What am I saying? Kenyans are the most duplicious, phony and hypocritical idiots you’ll ever meet. On the one hand they want good gavament but on the other they ALL want handouts from politicians. How can a simple Mp meet the funeral, marriage, school fees etc etc etc needs of a constituency of 200,000 people?

I have 2 MPs and 3 MCAS who are related to me, and when I say related am not saying it in the Luhya sense. I mean RELATED.

All say they will not vie again. Nobody will believe me, but MPs are having it rough. The guys who are making money are the MCAs, and the county administration.

My point? The BS propagated by the media is just that, BS. Parliament accounts for less that 5% per cent of national budget. Go figure…

Stupid rubbish. YOU BABOONS GIVE BIRTH LIKE RATS AND EXPECT EVERYBODY ELSE TO MOP UP YOUR SHIT. WHEN THEY DON’T YOU BLAME EVERYBODY BUT YOURSELVES…

They enjoy a lot.

[MEDIA=facebook]id=10219417059648087;type=video;user=MwangiXMuthiora[/MEDIA]

Your relatives WILL vie again. I’m yet to see an MP who doesn’t seek re-election, unless it’s for health reasons. After all that so-called torture, why do they still stand? It’s stupid to keep doing something that keeps depleting your funds, so why do it? Because they can get “soda” to “facilitate” access to more powerful politicians like the president, receive bribes to pass or block bills, can collect allowances for doing stupid shit like sitting, farting and breathing, and can influence government tenders to go their way. So your relatives, whether real or imagined, WILL seek re-election.

Oldie siku hizi umekuwa Mr bitter. Ofcourse kuzaana is another issue to add on, lakini systems have to be efficient…
I would sponsor some whitecup but my money doesn’t buy alcohol…

MCAs are also having it rough. My former MCA is now operating a wines and spirits. There is one who was on news the other day is doing a bodaboda. This week, an ex-MCA killed wife due to domestic squabbles. They are expected to attend every funeral in the village and donate some good amount of money

That you are the people who legislate, then come back to blame the electorate calling them greedy is beyond being ridiculous. If it has become such a nuisance as you claim, then legislate to put up support structures for the electorate you claim to represent. These guys are the quintessential lords of poverty. They want people sick, poor, illiterate, and hungry so they can look up to them for their sustenance. They don’t want you healthy, educated, and well fed because you will challenge them.
The penalty of not participating in politics is you end up being governed by your inferiors.

Hamjui nyinyi,

A time back one of the current gafana was invited to a bash, akauliza sisi hosts uko na pesa ya kupea vijana?
In short he was given 200k,then akija hio pesa ndio anadistribute kwa hao boys wa kijiji, in short that was a very expensive guest, but such appearances matter a lot as well.

CDF Kitty annualy managed by the Mpigs and cronies is a whooping 100 Million? Panatambua mshahara yao…

Mpigs

when ottichillo was my mp we asked him not to campaign for his reelection…he was that good. He was very lucky to have replaced Marende, who had done absolutely nothing in the constituency during his two terms. So all otichilo had to do was launch a few projects including piped water, grade some roads( and take credit for national government roads that were being completed), ensure transparency in bursary allocations and fund a few women’s projects in every ward. Dude never used to give handouts and always looked poor anyway.
But he has been a disaster as governor. When i was a teenager the late Newton kulundu was also easily re-elected despite being sick and away most of the time…there were no handouts and I remember he was also asked by the people of kakamega not to campaign.
I believe Orengo also won his recent election without bothering to campaign… and bwifoli is also renown for his ksh1000 contributions at funerals and other functions yet he was re-elected twice…he only failed when he tried to go for governorship.
But I understand in Nairobi, central and eastern regions one has to be really loaded to survive in elective positions. Mimi my three mp’s in western province are all poor (by mp’s standards).