Microsoft firing Kenyan developers

Not really AI

Hehe…ulikuwa unafanya nini Airtel surely? Btw ukitaka anza kutafta jobs Dublin…hiyo Kenya inachosha sana

Hiyo ya Microsoft ni @chap alinihook up,unajua interviews za codility na whiteboard nimepita then jamaa atasikuwa na msikia vizuri juu ya Mother tongue interference akanirusha nje.1.5M per month ikaenda hivyo coz i was going for Team Lead (snr SWE)

Yaah am looking for such jobs,Turing hunirushia kidogo kidogo but with time nitaingia huko fulltime ata kama ni relocation,especially huyu Nabii akiendelea na hii tabia yake

Sema ulifail interview wacha excuses mingi juu wewe ni fala

:D:D

Typical Sambamba trait

:D:D Ulianguka tu roho safi… relocation mambo yote…Rao atawasumbua msote

Mwizi sugu ni kama hujui kusoma,ama it is supposed to be a sweep…ohh i get it

Iliuma walai

Unacheka nini na huwezi ni shida Python…Kasiaa

Wacha zako. Kenyan developers are on high demand. Starting salaries at Microsoft Nairobi was like 500k. Which is a fraction of what they pay in the US.

How many people have been fired from good jobs and successfully lived off their investments? In the real world, 98% of people live off their careers once they lost a job. For an investment to match your current earnings means you need to have had it for decades.

Think about it. You make 500k a month. Let’s say you save 200k a month ( this is extremely aggressive btw due to human nature). End of year you have 2.4 m. To generate an equivalent of your annual income , 6m, you need an investment that’s about 30 m and nets a return of 20%. What investment can earn you 20%? And this doesn’t even factor inflation. That means a consistent 15-20 years. Most of us just buy illiquid plots.
It’s much easier/practical to get another job.

Naweskushinda cobra

Thank you for articulating it this way

From an inside source: Lots of wokeness at Microsoft led the company to hire average slayqueen devs in the name of “women in tech initiative”. As soon as they got jobs there the first thing they did was to buy big cars on loan and upgrade their lifestyles instead of their skillset. Now its time to trim the fat and many will have to find ways of paying off those loans minus the fat salaries.

UK kuko aje? I have been wanting to move there but ukicompare salo ya hapa US na UK unachoka

Hii nayo ni ukweli. Same thing happened in Amazon where I was interning. A whole team was decimated kukabaki 5 men pekee lol

Cost of living iko aje if you compare both.Kuna place inajiita Malta ata sijaangalia iko wapi kwa mapi,kuna recruiter nasumbua mimi na nikikasirika na afikishe demand mimi na buruka

Kasirika, Marurui will be all the safer for it.

Salo iko chini compared to US but COL pia iko low…work life balance iko sawa hapa, strictly 9 to 5 na iko more chilled than US environment. Places kama London racism iko almost nonexistent so there’s that. Also people are nice and the weather is great. I stay hao ya 320k a month, my best friend san Francisco analipia 585k…food na shopping natumia less than 50k yeye anatumia 200k…you get the drift…na ameitwa nigger mara kadhaa