Millenial money: Living on $210k in NYC

Money can buy health

Si angechapa hiyo job for 10 years at least ajipange kwanza. Akitoka hapo at 35 akuwe na enough experience, property, and enough cash to start her own company. Anyway, I haven’t walked a mile in her shoes so I can’t really know

lakini wengi wa hawa madem wanakuanga wa kujaza tuu nafasi to improve the image of the company. Kuna Mkenya fulani anafanya Facebook huko Sweden nilijaribu kutongoza akanipea bluetiks roho safi

Wewe hata HELB loan haujaclear and you are the first to tell everyone the things that money can buy

:D:D wachana na jamaa ya Grand Prix

When will you use your money if you do not have free time

You are thick.tembea Kenyatta hospital uone maajabu.i know of a muhindi who has a factory and good money.but he is always in and out of theater due to heart conditions.he told us good health is supreme.so long as you are in good health you can always look for money.

Thick ni wewe. I better be rich and sick than poor and sick. Who told u wealth and good health are mutually exclusive? Foko jembe wewe.

You can be a software engineer, working 14 hours a day, sleeping 8 hours a night and exercising the remaining 2. You will be healthier than many fools here. Hii maisha ni kujipanga my friend.

Now that we know you aren’t rich, coz you wishing, what’s yoir plan for such?

Jinga kabisaa, kulingana na vitu unapost it’s obvious hujashika pesa ya maana…siku utaanza kushika pesa ya maana utagundua they are worthless shit of papers.hapana abudu pesa ghaseer!Now am convinced what they post here might be true, you bend to Yahoo boys when they wave some few thousands.Good health is the biggest asset you can ever have.

This one is just plain psycho…or a child

Umaskini ndio inakusumbua. I know exactly what money can buy. Ngui

Plus a lot of developers work as contractors. They are not directly employed by the client company. You will find many telling you they work at Amazon, Google, etc but when you dig, you find they work for a company doing a contract for them. Which means in sacrifice for benefits, you get a high wage. But you don’t have job security. Contract ikiisha it’s on to the next one sometimes with a different client. And there can be a waiting period.

I love this woman. Well-grounded, family-oriented, ambitious, and REAL!

A lot of negative poverty-stricken idiots absorbed in jua kali mentality flooded the post with stupid hilarious comments…sad! :rolleyes:

200k in New York toa 70 ya federal and state taxes and you are left with 130 or roughly USD 10, 000 a month.

A decent 1 bed in Manhattan is 4000 usd a month but you can go cheap on neighborhoods like Brooklyn and Queens. 6k ain’t much if you deduct insurance, groceries, savings etc

200k is fantastic for a single person but ukiwa na family you’ll be struggling.

Get away from the coasts and 200k is a lot of money. Philadelphia kwa akina @Purple utanunua whole blocks.

Note that she said her rent was $1400 since she had 3 roommates. Even then, 6k/month after rent is a lot. That 72k after paying taxes and mortgage is higher than the median income of NYC before taxes. Rent always the biggest single expense as a person. Advantage of living in NYC is low transport costs, in fact I doubt she operated a vehicle. Median household income for NY is about 69k, which means she should be fairly comfortable even with a family.

This is a good lesson to @Azor Ahai

I know he is argumentative, but even he cannot argue with that.

Yes…also the fact that she’s a Columbia alumnus…kama ni state school, you can fagedaboutit.

Someone earning $100,000 and above per year is living good in the US, the only catch is that some states have very high living standards. In a place like New York where apartments are the norm $2000 per month gets you a bedsitter or small apartment any thing below $1000 per month and you are looking at Harlem, Low cost housing in Brooklyn, the Bronx which are generally invaded by gangs.

What are you talking about. State schools like UCLA, UT Austin, UC Berkeley, Purdue…should we forget about those?