Minimum Kshs. Amount for Financial Freedom in Kenya

He asked for my viewpoint. Peana yako wachana na za wengine. Nilisema this village is full of peasants and birrioneas so we will never read from the same script. Idiot.

Exactly. That’s why an idiot like @Jura above thinks I’m throwing around lofty figures. At the same time, another person may think I have peasant ambitions because he or she has already surpassed those milestones. It is a matter of perspective here. The OP was categorical that he is not looking for the ‘right’ answer.

sawa birrionaire

I know a guy owning 3 flats hapo roysambu and pocketing 1.8m each month ie 600k per flat. Rentals are the key to wealth.

Viewpoint yako ni gani ama kazi yako ni kuzunguka thread na marking scheme ukitoa wengine makosa without contributing anything??

Huyo ako set for life…

wewe continue dreaming about imaginary millions, we know such topics fascinate you

Health is the ultimate determinant of true wealth. Aspire/strive to live as healthy as possible for as long as u can. The rest is just ebbs and flow, money comes and goes. Cyrus Jirongo was a mbirrionea in the 90s saa hii hana kitu. Njenga karume’s empire was once competing with James Mwangi wa equity, juzi his property was being auctioned.

The Roman empire was once lauded as the GOAT of civilisation, now it lies is ruins despite being one of most expansive empires of all time. Ask a dollar billionaire like Michael Schumacher rotting away in a hospice care what financial freedom is, atakuambia you only own your body & soul kwa hii maisha, i.e if he can even understand u in the first place.

The bottom line here is as long as u can eat, drink and have a roof over your head, the rest is just details. It wont matter 50 years from now.

Instead of asking ‘what is financial freedom?’ ask yourself, ‘what can i do today to be healthy tomorrow?’

Everybody knows somebody doing such and such, earning such n such…tell us something we dont know

While this is true, the OP asked about financial freedom. There is no point digressing to bora uhai theories. Everyone knows that health is the ultimate wealth but that’s obviously not what the OP asked about.

Finacial freedom is a myth. You are welcome to debate about it endlessly but u will never agree to a common answer. Ni kama kuuliza watu what is ideal height/weight or favorite color? There is no real answer to that.

To me it is $500, to Bill Gates maybe $500 billion.
After all is said and done, both me and Bill still want to see the end of tomorrow in one piece and thats what matters.

Again…digressing. I already know this. I stated this in my first response to the OP. What is YOUR answer?? Nobody has to agree with you but for some weird reason you are dodging the question. Why are you dodging the question with such vigor?? Are you afraid to give your opinion on an ‘anonymous’ forum??

In this life you are only set for life when you are in the grave. Rentals in Kenya do well because of the big shortage in housing and the tax friendly regime in the industry. Tax on rental income is only 10% and its final. KRA also has very limited knowledge of landlords so many dont pay. Very difficult for them to know who is building where and when. These things can change. And if a responsible govt were to address housing as a basic human need just like they address health, education, security and infrastructure, then landlords would be in shit.
Also, many landlords in Kenya have built very low standard houses for the masses and still charge a premium. But were there economy to really improve (under a responsible govt) and the masses uplifted with a demand for quality housing, a lot of these landlords would be left with empty buildings enjoying meagre earnings from low rents or have to do very expensive retrofits. So, you can never be too comfortable as to say you are ‘set for life’

Kwangu mimi as long as i can buy food for today, afford a roof over my family’s heads and clothing the rest is just details. I dont have a figure. I wake up everyday and approach it like a brand new day reset to $0. You own nothing in this world, dont play yourself.

Watu hunishangaza sana, how many buildings in Nairobi alone have been pulled down by SANY in the last 10 years only? Mwenye Taj Mal used to pull over 2M in rent comfortably, saa hii ako wapi? Where is the mall? Just imagine maybe he was deluding himself vile he has arrived and ‘set for life’?.

You are typing like you are talking:D:D:D

Chances are hutawahi fika hapa. Buts worth trying anyways

You are set in shags if:
-You have minimum income about 100 k per month

• Have a roof over your head,
    -Possibly a 1/2 to 2 acre prot for your basic vegetable needs and some poultry for your protein.
    -You are in good health and your NHIF card is current.
    -Your kids are grown
    -No nagging relatives clamouring for your money
    -No young housemaid or other village gachungwa to tempt you
    -A small pick up and/or nduthi for basic transportation
    -No political aspirations

I have no idea what being set in Nairofffi is.

The kind of life i desire

The phrase is ‘financial independence’. I define financial independence as ‘a state of being able to pay bills comfortably’.