Mjamaa wa acturial science

This year alone three such graduates have been referred to me for assistance…Any graduate with a first class should be aiming for a masters scholarship from a world class university in either Europe or America. …Germany and Scandinavian countries are literally hawking scholarships ranging from 250- 350k a month…use those three years to network widely…then join some international organisation or go for a PhD, again lots of monthly stipend(tax free!)…lots of opportunities out there. Any talker here who doesn’t have a job and you got a first class in similar fields I will gladly give you a link to a masters scholarship…and this is the best time for Feb intake.
am sure there are very many talkers here who would also love to assist lakini we don’t indulge them. Am sure the likes of @Mrs Shosho, @Purple and many others have similar connections.

Your mind seems to be one tracked. The bigger picture is that the economy is shrinking and with it employment opportunities. It is not a question of networking or looking harder. By your comment, you seem to suggest that were he to look in the “right” direction, he would be spoilt for choice.
For perspective, the govt’s own data tells us that there is a shortage of 100k teachers. The same govt then goes ahead to tell us that there are 300k teachers without work. Wotis?

Vvv good advice hia @mikel. The prob on KT is that Kenyans in the diaspora do not feel free enough to share knowledge unless mtu awe mang’aa kama mimi. It is taken as ‘flossing/bragging’ and the online abuse is not worth it so most hold back and do not say where they are based. But watakuambia kwa inbox.
I studied in Germany for one year, know the country so well, learnt the language so language learning is something one should be looking to achieve. I would recommend that country to anyone…Norway is another fav of mine. Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland…

Wacha uongo.

I’d rather have that one track mind than your scatterbrain. Are you comparing an honours actuarial science graduate to a teacher?

Looking in the right direction is simply applying to the industry that absorbs his educational qualifications instead of in accounting firms.

… so wewe ignoramus unasema in the streets of USA , geniuses with degrees and PHD’s ndio HOBOs …

A few years ago we were told that a Bachelor’s in Actuarial science was better compared to the Bachelor’s in Medicine and Surgery. In fact, some students at the University of Nairobi switched from medicine to Actuarial. Rumour had it that the starting salary for an Actuarial graduate was in six figure. The prospects were good until…

This perspective is very wrong on so many levels. Remind me to give you the reasons when I have the time to write down paragraphs.
What this post does; is that it explains why we will remain a third world country for the foreseeable future yet our best brains are running the show in other countries. That you have chosen to be a conduit to this is no surprise.

they forgot to tell you about the part of the expensive certifications.

And much much more. We never had a proper understanding of the industry. Si mnatuona kwa TV sasa? Kazi tunatafutiwa na harambee! Watu wa music, arts and teachers tuliwacheka sana but things have got really thick. Forgive us. If only we knew :D:D:D:D:D

Stop putting words in my mouth.

I just objected to your black and white casting of the west and the third world. There are unemployed and underemployed graduates everywhere.

Here are the facts instead of feelings:

Graduate unemployment - Wikipedia

Signed,

I.G. Noramus.

He should apply for scholarships in Germany to begin with. No harm in trying.

you are wasting my time , twende tuangalie kina rotich wakishikwa … sande sana mkubwa

Hizo hesabu mlifanya if you add some programming to it si mko sawa

I know where this is heading though you are directing it to the wrong person. Idealistic notions on issues like brain drain should be directed at persons charged with policy making…not a poor and desperate individual like this one. Matters to do with global capitalism and international division of labour can only be tackled with a United Africa from a policy perspective…governments can do a lot to reverse this. Just imagine what would happen if the NYS budget is added to varsities and colleges for research purposes our varsities would be transformed and would actually attract top researchers from all over the world, similar to whats happening in South Africa and Egypt…you cannot train scientists in our poorly equipped laboratories…reagents alone need millions which have not been allocated in the first place and if they have procuring will take forever due to bureaucracy. So why not go train out there then come back and work here if you are so passionate about solving problems in your country (or continent) like some of us have done?

at times we take for granted the connections we have, or the level of access to information that we have, some people hata bundles hawana za kushinda online, some dont even have a proper understanding that such information as scholarships are available (kitambo it was the foreign ministry workers who had such information and those who were connected benefited alot) - lakini siku hizi the information is more widely spread, but still there are a lot of individuals who just don’t know.

Okay.

Truedat. People should use the internet to try and get on in life. Sio kutafuta Sabina Joy directions mtu akipata bundles. There is a lot of transparency out hia today. The scholarships are available and awarded on merit, you could be at the right place at the right time.
When I decided to leave Kenya I put in hard work and sent applications out there. My ultimate dream was to move to the States where all my friends/Kazos were going, so I applied to about 20 Unis. The Uni that caught my eye was Utah State…huko in the mountains yawaaaaaaa…cc@Muthamaki. [SIZE=1]Huwa anecheka sana[/SIZE] about my lofty ambitions. I got all the docs needed bar the bank statement. My Dad was not having any of that nonsense.
He got me a scholarship in Republic of Ireland. They were offering a full scholarship…including housing and stipend not just tuition. Sikuenda…wanted to go to America, get the accent, meet akina LLCool J and Usher or so I stupidly thought!
Ended up in the UK.
What I do know for sure is that European Countries offer scholarships…willy nilly but you must be prepared to learn the lingua to succeed. Besides you can always go back home if that is where your heart and dreams lie like Mikel and mia Koolibah.

This is a classic case of success in class doesn’t translate to success in life, B or C graders are usually practical with life decisions and do better in the circumstances, you will find that even at the car wash he takes orders from a school non-starter.

Warthog vaccinator, don’t talk from an uninformed perspective.