mmmm……some Kenyans still miss Moi?

Jirongo, Billy Machozi, Sam Nyamweya and many others. Youth for Kanu 92.

But I also think that the problem of looting of public property reflects the wider social and moral leprosy that is the Kenyan society. Today, a senior public official who loots millions and, consequently, puts up a 50 million house for his mother in the village is considered a hero by his villagers. It is not strange to hear Kenyans castigating a retired civil servant who never looted and thus lives a modest life: ‘And imagine he was a senior accountant with Kenya Power and he never benefited himself. Kwani ni mwanamume aina gani’ is a common rebuke targeted at those who never looted.

Needless to say, a senior government official who loots billions is more electable than a principled person who abhors corruption.

And horrifying financial scandals will continue until(hopefully) harsh realities and socio-political awakening hammer some sense into our minds. I sadly suspect that this will not happen in our lifetime.

2 Likes

What politicians do to Kenya. Copied from elsewhere.

[ATTACH=full]5223[/ATTACH]

1 Like

ako wapi Uwes aulize ‘na mbwa atakula nini’

Mimi siweskubali kufunga nyama na gazeti kama hiyo :).

Thieves are celebrated because there are no negative consequences directly to the thief. Only we can change that, not the leaders with whom the thieves are in bed.

Apart frm one Reverend Timothy Njoya ambaye alileta utata and jeshi la mzee was unleashed on him with major Likhotio an elder brother to uncle @uwesmake dishing out the canes to the humble reverend’ s back side

1 Like

yep. Njoya has steel cajones. as much as i’m making noise here sidhani i would have put my family jewels on the line like that. him and Shikuku, Jaramogi, Matiba, Koigi and many others did this country a lot of good. now the question is, how did some of these folk turn around and milk us dry- the Kiraitus, Murungash etc?

:D:D:D

Incidentally, I’m reminded of a vernacular saying that ‘múcerania na múkúndú akúndúkaga taguo’. @Fala 12 can assist with the translation.:slight_smile:

@Luther12 “he who associates with a crook becomes crooked like the crook”

1 Like

It’s called gift politics, currently ongoing in North Korea. Kenyans need to look beyond the petty gifts(read bribes for loyalty) and decide that they want an almost perfect tomorrow without the past and current costly shenanigans. Our success is in our calloused hands but we ignorantly fathom it’s in the politicians’ itchy hands and devious minds. Sad.

1 Like

If Uhuru loses in 2017 (and chances are that he may), the Ruto is doomed politically.

I don’t see him losing, no worthy opponent to threaten his hold on power. That clown Raila cannot inspire confidence in anyone.

Dumb people are always ruled like that. Try to be good to dumb people na utakipata. Moi ruled for 24 years with the consent of the kenyan people. The whole kalenjin, The coast, mt. kenya region, etc would vote for Moi. Only a section of Kikuyu would vote for Kibaki, Matiba, a section of kisii for nyachae, a section of luo for jaramogi etc, but just because of tribalistic inclinations. Moi had fanatical support everywere including kikuyuland, meru, embu, maasai, luhyaland, rift valley, coast etc. Kanu had offices and operatives everywhere and most people sang Kanu. Some people claimed Moi had magical powers and his possession of genies(jin) was so obvious that it wasnt a matter of contention. Moi also suppressed tribalism because he didnt have tribal numbers and people like matiba and others who tried liberation on such basis got a beating and had their nuts fondled with pliers. If you went around mentioning tribes you would be sure to visit Nyayo house. Its about the suggestibility of the people. Someone once said that he could hire half of the world’s population to murder the other half.

Today, Moi walks straight, drives in range rovers, owns a fucking university or something like that, is one of the richest people arround, is untouchable, and has his ridiculously rich son eyeing the top seat.
[ATTACH=full]5227[/ATTACH]

I blame Moi directly for being away from my motherland and my family.
The economy was so buggered by the time i finished Highschool in the mid 90s that the only feasible opportunity a parent could offer their child was a one way ticket to an unknown land for them to stand a chance of making a good start in their life.
And to now see his son and all the sons of politicians from that era now getting appointed to all the good jobs as a matter of entitlement just makes me sick!
Someone here said though,we are all corrupt as Kenyans and our leaders are just a reflection of who we are.
Its time we look in the mirror and its time we had heroes who are prepared to sacrifice anything to slay this Dragon that is Corruption. But it starts with YOU!

4 Likes
  1. The whole of Kikuyuland and Luoland hated Moi. he used to hunt them like the Nazi hunted Jews. ask Jaramogi(RIP) Raila,Koigi, Matiba even Whispers(RIP)
    2.Dumb people? Kenyans are not dumb. what we needed was a liberal progressive president. look at the prosperity expolosion since 2003
    3.There was no consent. the system was heavily favorable to KANU rule. the provincial admin etc. ask around about the mlolongo elections in 88.
  2. the clash of egos led to the breakup of FORD pre 92 elections. if FORD had remained united, KANU would have seen dust. the opposition realised this in 2002.
  3. what is your point about moi walking straight being rich etc? are you glorifying getting rich at the expense of ruining a whole generation?
1 Like

The great majority is politically dumb going by the leaders they choose and listen to. Where are you from? A section of kikuyus were voting for Moi. Kamotho and other motherfuckers would garner votes for him under Kanu. Even this Kibaki was a moi supporter until around 1990. Kambas and Merus were voting for moi whole sale. The party was big in those regions. And about Moi, am saying that he played people and walked rich and unscathed. Thats a fact.

1 Like

Political dumbness is a fact. its good u specified Political dumbness. hope with time we will wisen up.
From multiparty time (1992), KANU had it rough in Central. if you recall JJ Kamotho (RIP) said after losing ‘even a dog on a DP ticket in Central would have gotten elected into parliament’. Kamotho was never elected on a KANU ticket after multiparty. i think in 2002 aliingia na LDP???
when KANU was the single party, moi would ensure his parrots won nominations effectively becoming MPs. massive rigging/ intimidation/ expulsions from KANU were all tactics involved in the single party era.
kikuyu/luo votes after multiparty were mainly rigged votes and votes from old folk who never knew of anybody else apart from moi and KANU.
yes moi walked and is stinking rich. i hope his conscience is clear

Sometimes I fantasise a bit and wonder where we would be if Kibaki had taken over from Kenyatta in 1978.’
vision 2030