Mobius 2 - Kshs 1.3 million (Inclusive of VAT) Made in Kenya.

Good idea. I think that would increase price considerably though. anything below 2.0L I think you don’t talk about power. May be it has low ratio gears for higher torque considering this is a work horse and not a city sleeker

You are not good for our economy my friend . Buy Kenyan, build Kenya.
If your argument is specs, how do you think car companies started? We have to support our own so they get funds to improve on design and future .

1 Like

but then again, there is that Renault Kwid. I think it has 1.3l, not sure though.

Guys is it a 1.6 L ama 1.8 L (1798cc)? And from whom did they source it? Nashuku sana kama walikuwa na uwezo wa design & building engines.

There is a certain security company with so many of the older version of this car,sijui brick ama inaitwaje,i ussually see them on gong road

Its a front wheel I guess.

kwa website yao wanasema ni RWD

1 Like

The engine is 1.8L( 1800cc) which is more than enough since the transmission is a basic manual.

The demand for this vehicle is high which is very good because this allows them to design better cars hopefully they’ll come out with an automatic…

The car comes with 3 trims. And they offer financing for all the trims so anyone can buy.

The cheapest trim is called Cargo and it retails for 1.3M it comes with only 2 seats but more can be added as options.

The second trim is called Adventure and it retails for 1.4m it comes with 5 seats, air conditioning but the electronic gadgets are options.

The third trim is called Adventure Plus and it retails for 1.57m and it basically come with all the features.

1 Like

Those truck loving guys will be able to easily upgrade this version.

I can see this SUV with a lift kit, LED light kits, find a nice 1.8L turbocharged engine and boom you have yourself a road beast.

I’d opt for the cheapest, entry-level trim, kwanza ile iko na canvas top!!! Why spend an extra 200k on Air Con while you can have a `naturally cooled´canvass-top for much less ??!!

I would not be surprised by that, because if you look at the car its very basic, it does not have any of the standard safety features and thus the cost of production should be low, when I see it I think of the dacia duster in the UK, the basic version goes for less than 10k pounds, but it would not be fair to compare them with the established car makers who have scale and experience on their side.

The kwid is listed as 800cc manual and a 1000cc auto, from the photos it looks bigger but seeing it, I thought it was very very small

1 Like

its 1.8, the design is theirs and they do it and put it together hapa, but they source the engines and transmission from somewhere, must be Europe seeing that its a manual

1 Like

I am ordering one

Hio ndio Mobius 1.

Mobius II will not come with the canvas top.

1 Like

I found these huko cucu maydia. Mobius wanajenga platforms hii gari ita chuka muda.

http://i.imgur.com/08qWbrG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/og7MDPQ.jpg

1 Like

Renault Kwid is a stupid ugly car. The French make shit cars.
The mobius is dope. It’s a good start with modern features. Plus that steel frame is sweet! However being built as “rugged” and “for Africa” it makes nonsense without 4wd. That shouldn’t be optional.

Nice car but it is kinda expensive. I would just prefer buying secondhand though. Try to check this page http://www.bucket-t.com/ they have the cheapest price of used car in Japan.