Modified headlights

kuna tugari ziko na the red and blue strobes hapo kwa grill
kuna pumbavu alikuwa nazo behind me and kept on hotting, for a while I thought a cop was trying to pull me over

juzi nkitoka shanzu fala iko na landcruiser v8 with that led strip light in the bumper inachoma tu thru rearview mirror, I set the mirrors to reflect that beam back to him… .he just backed off and put out the light, oncoming traffic, if you mulika me nahio I just move into your lane,
PS ni truck so ukwende ukikaungaka

2 Likes

ni ile lorry ulikuwa umeweka picha yake? hehe

Hio day nlikua na belta

1 Like

Volvo coming from Scandinavian (Sweden) uses it as a safety feature due to the adverse weather. I must say it makes sense even here. You are more likely to notice an oncoming car during the day when it is lit. I usually have my fog light on during the day when driving upcountry

1 Like

Strobe lights should be banned especially those i see on motorbikes. They can trigger an epileptic fit on an epileptic person. Imagine if such a person was driving.

Faced a situation recently and this question cropped up: should an epileptic person be driving?

1 Like

Good question. But with regular medication i think they can live without fits.

Yes, with regular medication. But hii ni Kenya ile mtu akinywa dawa za sukari kwa muda and sugars get controlled, anadhani amepona na kutupa dawa. Same thing happens with most of the chronic illnesses, epilepsy included. What asurance do passengers have when they board that vehicle? Swala tata hili.

True.
A driver route 46 got a fit while zooming down Valley Road. Were it not for a quick-thinking passenger at the front things would have been terrible.

What if a matatu or bus driver is epileptic? :eek:
Do the authorities bother with such issues?

Hata wa private car, they don’t. Heck, do they even bother with vision? Or literacy? Coz some drivers could be legally blind and yet others illiterate so that they cannot interpret road signs.

1 Like

Kueka Tint gari yote is it advisable? Is it legal or illegal?

The worst ni ile ya windscreen. Ile inawekwa na joto ya blowdrier such that haiwezi toka. IMO, huo ni ujinga. Thing is so dark I wonder how they drive at night. Ya vioo hivi vingine nadhani ni kwa raha zako, bora sio matatu.

1 Like

In UK there is a law controlling the amount of tinting. The tint applied has to let in a certain minimum amount of light. Why can’t NTSA introduce such rules?

1 Like

James mwangi hana tint kwa gari yake hata kidogo…unamuonanga live live…

1 Like

I once saw an epileptic riding a bike get a fit and he fell down. I attended to him and on recovery talked to him kiasi and wonder of wonders he told me he was a driver. “Lakini sijawai shikika nikiedesha” he said

1 Like

Iko for psv but on personal cars it only mentions reflective material

Na kwa side windows then they have to cut out a ‘hole’ to see the sidemirrors

@vuja de and @Luther12, anyone who has ever had a convulsion or a seizure is prohibited from driving or operating heavy machinery unless their doctor certifies that they have not had a single seizure in the last 24 months.

This includes not only epilepsy but also convulsions caused by brain tumors, meningitis, HIV and other diseases.

This is Kenya. NO one follows up on this.

1 Like