Mombasa Road Accident Clips explained...

Wameweka concrete barriers now

Some people are generally slow

Zima pang’ang’a BF Goodrich.

Waliweka some concrete things to guide traffic back to the right lane, ubaya hazina reflective paint, zitagongwa usiku

Cars roll at 80 kmph

Like how za Waiyaki way na Westlands roundabout “hugongwa”?

Good question. I like your thinking.

C & P

[SIZE=4]UPDATE & CLARIFICATION - 25th May, 2017[/SIZE]
KeNHA would like to make a clarification and update with regard to the widely circulated accident clip along Mombasa Road on Social Media. The place in question is not on the carriageway but is on the verge at the end of deceleration lane to a closed U-turn.

Signage showing clearly that the U-turn is closed is in place. Overlapping Drivers are the culprits to these kind of accidents especially if they are at high speeds. They are not able to maneuver back into the carriage way safely. They either roll off or cause accidents as the get back into the carriage. This is illegal under the Traffic Act. We want state that there is no pothole at that place and the entire Mombasa Road from JKIA to the City.

Motorists are asked to observe traffic rules and also take due care while on the road. Arising from the accidents that happened on Saturday morning, we intend to physically close off the retardant acceleration and deceleration lanes through a raised kerb line. This will deter the overlapping menace that is common in such areas. These measures are already under implementation by the Authority.

I see KeNHA knows K-Talk. They read my thread and analysed it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Its s stupid response if you ask me…they should just do their work and accept part of the blame!

My question would be, why would one be driving that fast on a deceleration lane? and given that the turning is no longer in use (over a year plus if i am not wrong), road signs or lack of therein, i would assume that it is like driving off the road at heart rending speed, as a driver that would now be solely your responsibility if some mishap was to occur…

you can’t blame road users for a flawed road design.