Most popular programming language in the country

Thanks.

That is good advice mr. deorro. Which language would you recommend?

FYI I don’t programming professionally but written personal software before.

I would start with C this will teach you how memory works
Move on to C++ /java this will teach you oop
Then try some functional programming with JavaScript

small things you will notice or learn
C is procedural programming language
C++ is cool oop, generics , multiple inheritance ,overloading etc you will appreciate
code reusability
In Java you will notice no more multiple inheritance and get introduced to interfaces and memory is automanaged and you will no worry about pointers

The idea is to learn concepts
You can further checkout data structures and algorithms
Design patterns
Operating systems.
computer networking
Database management systems

The one your mom and dad speaks in the bedroom

:smiley:

:D:D

Hapa nyasi imeumia :D:D:D

Career ending tackles :smiley:

Nice thread and contributions! I gave them thumbs up…However the likes of “Jimmit” and “certifiedkiama” have tried to cheapen such nice inputs by causing digressions. These clowns need to stick to their lanes!

I concur they need to stick to their lanes.

And I don’t know what’s wrong with @Jimit nowadays, he has become so rude and such an uncouth tribalist.

Just yesterday he wanted to kill Moses Kuria because Kuria is a Kikuyu. It’s so sad. So disappointing.

@Jimit why do you hate Kikuyus so much yet your best friend purple is one?

What’s your input in the first place??

Did you ask that question based on what you quoted from me? At times the greatest input is a word of encouragement! That thread is a loaded conversation and I must update myself lest I water down the great discussion.

So you have the coding languages right?

And then you have areas of interest people in IT get into, like the guys who do security analysis. The guys who hack. The guys who do quants. I had a guy who could change his grades anywhere and place his info on anything. Zambian kid who lived in Europe. Genius. I wonder what he learnt.

If you were to learn afresh about all this and be versed in all those things. What kinda curriculum would you build for yourself knowing what you know now. Would language be important. What other things would you look at.

My specific interests would be business technology, programs, financial instruments and pretty much being able to access information that’s closed off. Being able to examine the framework of what someone else has done.

I’m tired of chess. Let me apply my mind somewhere new and abstract. I wouldn’t be looking to work for anyone. I’d just be trying to learn valuable things

Kombamwiko hebu quote penye nilidai kuua kombamwiko mwenzako Kuria

Anza na python

Kiuliso how long will it take to learn. Hii Kenya Mtu anafaa short courses Kwa sababu kabla umalize kusoma long courses utapata kazi zimeisha.

If you dedicate, say 6 hours a day of intensive reading and practice, you should be done with the basics pretty soon.

Lol define pretty soon

Jifunze JavaScript. Unaezaitumia both frontend na backend

My estimation would be as follows: JS (various frameworks), PHP, Python…in that order.