Mr. President.

In other words he acquiescenced

Taka taka

With Africog and Katiba Institute going to the high court to stop the operationalizin of the Elections (Amendment) Act, I see them also moving to the Supreme Court before the Monday deadline.

The president was clear in his explanation, that he didn’t sign them as he felt that he was changing the rules halfway (though they are very good laws) and make it appear as if he was giving himself undue advantage…meaning had he signed them then they would have applied to the just concluded election in which he was a contestant.
After 14 days they automatically become law, but cannot apply to the 26th election

And if NASA meant well they would have gone to parliament with their own amendments, out of the 11 minimums on their list 8 could have been effected by changes in the election laws, man UK denied them the chance to cry foul but the law is good.

Its called Political chessmaster, keep you opponents guessing and in doubt.

Uhuru was showing the foreign diplomats and JaKuonists the middle finger: I don’t need to change the rules to win, but Kenya must correct bad laws a.s.a.p.

No no no you never listened to him. He said that the perception was that he was changing the rules during the game. So he didn’t sign it so that the perception doesn’t become truth; that he is indeed changing the rules.
But that they’re laws now, they will work for the future elections.

that was intentional, he was just trying to save sura

the issue was not the bill. most of the complaints were in timing of the changes. plus it is important it goes into effect before the supreme court listens to any petition.

Okay I get it.
Smart move

Huwa wataka zirushwe link @mathise?