Mtadao ameupgrade

Wapi yako nugu?

I upgraded in June, 2020

dorobo natoa chakula yote kwa shamba. Ongeeni kwa mfano na https://sunculture.com/index.php/products/ vinyangarika. You can import your own set up. They are easy to install, portable for eg when you need to move, durable and really pack a punch. For off-grid but also useful as back up power. nongwe, there is more online to browse.
[ATTACH=full]351640[/ATTACH]

iko juu, inverter ni how much.

Google CAT and check victron compact 24/1200va

For a relatively comfortable off grid, you need more than these toys

Uko na jokes ojiek worathis

Apo sawa, khasia

Victron inverters are very good.
Pure sine wave.
Trunking for the wires should be done.
The job will look very neat.

Lithium ion batteries don’t come cheap.
Mostly used on big 3 phase power systems.

Mchawai unataka kujua nini zaidi.Concentrate na kukimbia ukiwa uchi usiku

I also have started the process of upgrading to this.

How long does one 12v 200AH battery last you?
I tried buying a battery 12v 200AH mtu akinaambia that battery will not last long.

I have two 12v 200AH batteries connected in series. How long they will last depends on how you discharge the battery. Your battery if fully charged has100×12 5=1250wh. In theory that can run a 60watt TV for 1250/60=20hrs

Normally lead acid accumulator you will only discharge to about 50% of the rated capacity. The best battery you can discharge upto 80% of the rated capacity so in short hapa you cannot get anything more 500Wh remember efficiency ya inverter yako taken into account it goes even lower.

That’s why i have used 100ah instead of 200ah in the calculation. Premium inverters are very efficient, my 1.5KW inverter consumes only 8W

@mtadao how are those charge controllers connected? I didn’t know one could use 2 at the same time.

https://www.kenyatalk.com/index.php?attachments/389803_4b5327075f6b0767615567a2f2df18ee-jpg.351583/

I have used two because i have two arrays of solar panels ie 24v 385 Watts and 24v 375W. The chargers are each 24v 440watts max and they feed the two batteries. They are connected to the batteries directly.

why are they called “deep cycle” if you only get to 50%, shouldn’t they do over 90%??

That 50% is the depth of discharge , deep cycle in the simplest form means you can regularly discharge and recharge it .

Ordinary batteries like the car batteries are only suitable for discharge of only 10% ie to 90% for long life. Good quality Deep cycle can even go to 80% discharge on occasions and recover perfectly, but 50% is the recommended economic discharge level.